Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Hello." I said as I picked up the phone, located on the other side of the mess.

"Cadet Singh Rajveer collapsed once again. We can't reach his doctor. Bring Dr. Shalini and come immediately." Colonel Chandra's voice said from the other side.

I dropped the receiver and ran toward Dr. Shalini's office.

“Will anyone tell me where we are going? Major Bhargav’s class is about to finish and the cadets will need me.” Dr. Shalini said, riding on the back seat of jeep that Huda was driving.

“Ma’am please. You are urgently needed where we are going. Your assistants can handle the cadets, but we currently need you.” I said.

“But…” Dr. Shalini started, but was cut off by Ali.

“Ma’am I know you are confused, but please. Someone needs you now. Huda Bhai, please drive fast.”

“God, I hope he is fine.” Yudi said.

“Nothing will happen to him. Nothing.” I said as tears tried to fall from my eyes, but even I didn’t believe what I was saying. Sensing my worry Pooja, who was sitting next to me, gave my hand a small squeeze and an encouraging nod. 

Huda brought the jeep in front of a very familiar house. I jumped out of the jeep, before it could come to a complete stop and ran toward the door. I rung the bell repeatedly, while banging on the door at the same time. I could hear a confused Dr. Shalini asking questions, but at the time I really didn’t care enough to answer.  The door was opened by a very worried looking Capt. Abhimanyu. I could hear Dr. Shalini saying something, but I didn’t gather what she was saying.

“Dr. Shalini, Thank god you are here. Guys please come in.” Capt. Said and we literally dragged Dr. Shalini up the stairs to Capt. Rajveer’s room.

“Dr. Shalini you might be confused by what you see, but you need you to fully concentrate.” Capt. Warned before opening Rajveer sir’s room. When I saw inside the room made my heart die once again. Capt. Rajveer laid there, pale as a snow, with coal dark circles under his eyes. He look weak…and dead. He looked as if he hadn’t been taken care of since…since forever. I was broken by my chain of thoughts when Alekh shook me.

“Captain…!” I heard Dr. Shalini exclaimed. I turned around to see her standing with eyes wide as if she saw a ghost and her face colorless. I have to admit, it was kind of a funny sight.

“Dr. thank god. Please come in.” Colonel Chandra said. Dr. Shalini slowly and carefully moved toward Rajveer sir. 

She stood up next to him and took out her stethoscope. She checked his BP, pulse, his eyes ears and his mouth.