Chapter 1

I stood in front of the 'Wall Of Fame' wall. I looked at the pictures of all the brave people. Picture of all those who didn't think twice before giving their life for our country. I trace the empty space, where once my brother's photo was. Tears ran down my face, but I wiped them quickly. I traced the Mendel that hung on my neck.
"I got my first Mendel Bhaiya, and I am not even a true soldier yet." I said to the empty space at the wall. "You must be proud of me captain Rajveer, but for some reason I am not happy" I said wiping tears off my face. "My mission is still incomplete. I got this medal for saving the life of a minister's daughter, if only they knew. If only they knew that we had let the kidnapper. Bhiya, and Rajveer sir, your killer was was in front of my eyes, yet I couldn't do anything, but I promise you, both of your picture will hang on this Hall Of Fame. The whole world will be proud of you. That is my mission. I will not spare that Lala and anyone else involve." I said with determination. Fire burning in my eyes because of anger. Mixed emotions of hate, sadness, guilt and love in my heart.
This is normal to me. Talking to the blank space in the wall of fame has become second nature to me. Cadets passing by give me questioning look as if to ask "are you crazy?" But don't have enough courage to verbally ask me.
"I am tired" I continue. "Tired of living, tired of fighting, arguing, crying, screaming and just tired of living. I promise as soon as your picture hangs on this wall, mine will follow. I promise, because I can't live without my Bhaiya or my lo" I stopped realizing what I was saying and left for my dorm door wiping the tears of my cheeks.
I got to my dorm, which I share with my bestfriend Pooja.
"Hey Pooja. How are you?" I greeted as I climbed my bed, trying to act normal, but failing.
"How do you think? I am amazing. I got my very first Medal today!" She exclaimed. I just shook my head at her enthusiasm and went under the cover of my bed.
"Naina, do you think Captain Rajveer sir is proud of us today" Pooja asked all of a sudden.
." I think he is" I said, unsure of my answer.
"But we let his killer go Naina. Lala could've dead, but no he is a free bird who is going to be our highest minister soon." Pooja said
I stayed quiet, because I didn't know what to say. "Naina do you still have Rajveer sir's MMS in your inbox." Pooja questioned. I stayed silent, because I didn't trust myself to speak as my eyes were already filled with tears. Pooja understood my unspoken answer. "Life is so amazing na Naina, you can never guess what will happen tomorrow" she said "It feels like yesterday that all of us were happy and with Rajveer sir, and toda he is no longer with us. He might have become out of service with the world, but we still aren't able to cut his service from our heart."
"Good night Pooja" I chocked out as I was no longer to held the tears inside my eyes. The entire night I crazed as the memories of Rajveer sir clouded my mind. I remembered how he had saved me from the 'ultimate dhuniya' punishment, how he had supported me when everyone found out I was Naveen bhaiya's sister. The way he screamed my name at point 1857. The way hurt clouded his eyes when he found Ritu ma'am' truth, the way he looked at me that last time before securing me his for the last time. That night I threw myself from one side of bed to another, which sleep no where to be seen.
The next morning we woke us at 5:30 like always. Pooja and I were headed toward the Mess to grab breakfast when an orderly stopped me.
"Pooja, you go I will be back in a sec." I said to Pooja and turned toward the orderly.
"Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia?" The Orderly questioned.
"That's me" I said. He dogged into his bag and pulled out an envelope. "This came for you" he said.
"What is it?" I asked. He just shrugged, game me the envelope and left. I shoved the envelope in my already full waste pocket and headed toward the mess.
"Oh foolen, what took you so long?" Huda-one of my friends-asked.
"A orderly stopped to give me a envelope." I said.
"Ohai, who gave you the envelope. Just know you are mine" huda joked, I was about to give a comeback when captain Abhimanyu came through the door. We all stood up, after seeing him, and saluted.
"At-ease cadets." Captain said and continued "Second year cadet, your advance weapon combat training has been preponed, so therefore you will start in 3 minutes so hurry-up", and with that captain Abhimanyu left.
Captain Abhimanyu is the vice principal of this academy. He is also my bhaiya, and Naveen bhaiya's best friend. He is one of the few people in the world who be alive my brother is a martyr and not a traitor.
"Looks like I can't even eat breakfast" I thought out loud frustrated and left with the rest of my friends following behind.
After class we went back to the mess. "Naina, what was the letter about" Yudi asked.
"I haven't opened it yet" I said and sat down with my lunch.
"Well than go ahead and open it" Alekh said. I nodded and took the letter out.
'conGratulations CaDet NAina 'AH' singh.
Don't telL superioR. '
I read the letter over and over and over again, I guess my friends saw my reaction, because Huda said 'Foolen what happen. Which one of your admirer send you a love letter'. I gave the letter to Ali with trembling hand as tears threatened to fall out of my eyes. "Naina could this" Ali said as he handed the letter to Pooja, and the letter made a full circle around the room.
"He couldn't" Pooja said as she read the letter.
" Naina you are crazy if you are thinking what I think you are thinking" Huda reacted.
"What the" Yudi said.
"The hell" was Alekh reaction.
"It is. It has to be" I chocked out. "There is only one person that called my that". At that point one name was circling all of our mind. "Guys this means captain Rajveer..."
I could not finish because at that time major Niar came and snatched letter out of Alekh's hand.
⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏪⏪⏪⏪⏪⏪⏪⏩⏪⏪⏪⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩

Ok the first chapter is up. I hope you all enjoyed it. I know it has grammatical error so please don't be shy to point them out. Comments and openly accepted.
Thank you.
Misha.