:HOW YOU MET:

Neil Perry=

-You were the president of the theater club in your town. Being the president, you chose which play the club would do each season. This winter, you chose 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

-You were holding tryouts one night. You were almost finished and only one person didn't show up. Just as you started getting closer and closer to the final person on the list, the auditorium doors bursted open. There's that one person. 

-The loud echoing noise was followed by the sound of gasping and heavy breathing. You looked to see a boy, hunched over, clenching his chest. You couldn't help but laugh a little bit at him

-"A- a... am I too late to audition?" He asked, standing straight up and walking up to you. 

-"Are you... Neil Perry?" You asked giggling. He went bright red and began laughing at himself well. He put his hand out to you. You two shook hands very slowly.

-"That's me, it's very nice to meet you." You smiled at his nice greeting and took your hand back. You sat at your table and placed your clipboard down. 

-"It's never too late to audition, Neil. I don't really believe in deadlines. It's never too late to be a star and achieve your dreams. But, let's get started so you can get out of here! Start whenever you're ready." You told him, smiling very largely. He jogged up to the stage and stood front and center. You could tell he was terribly nervous. His hands were rubbing up and down his jeans very quickly, his hand was tightening around his script more and more and more. You blushed, and cleared your throat. You decided to ask him a few questions to make him feel comfortable. 

-"Is this your first time auditioning?" His head shot up and he lowered his script. "Yes, I am so sorry. This must not be the greatest of first impressions." You shook your head with a sigh, picking up your script, and walking up to the stage with him. "Actually, you're the only person who has came in here today and hasn't tried to flirt with me. So, this first impression is going great, don't worry. Instead of you just doing the Puck monologue, let's run through scene three. It is between the two main characters. This might be easier for you since it's your first time."

-You ran through the scene, absolutely no problems. You couldn't fathom why he was so nervous. He was a brilliant, young, handsome actor! He had to be lying. This couldn't be his first time on stage. He was just way too good. 

-"You're not telling me the truth... what plays have you been in? You're way too talented to just be a natural." You told him, gently hitting his arm with your script. He blushed and smiled heavily. It was now obvious he wasn't lying. He was a natural. And no one had ever complimented him like this, told him he was a good actor. He had such a blatant passion for this art form. 

-"I wanted to try out last summer for the production you were directing. My father, he wouldn't let me though. He isn't too keen on my acting aspirations. But...  I decided, it's now or never. If I want to do something, I'm just going to do it." Neil told you, completely flushed and embarrassed of his idiotic father. You frowned. 

-"Your father is obviously an idiot. No offense, but he is an idiot. But I like the way you think. Carpe diem, aye?" You told him, jumping off of the stage. He was mesmerized. Someone besides a boy from Welton said the words carpe diem. It was like an angel spoke to him. In a way, one did. He had fallen completely head over heels for you. You had such a way with words, a passion for the arts, and you were incredibly sweet to him and about his passions. You were like no one he had ever met before. 

-"How do you know about that? Carpe diem..."

-"I know about everything, Neil. Come back tomorrow... although the official cast isn't out yet, I think I've found my Puck. Have a good evening. Feel free to stay and practice. I look forward to working with you this season." You said, putting on your coat and grabbing your bag. You walked to the stage and raised your hand to him. He took it in his, kissing your knuckles. Now, he was flirting. But you were okay with it. He still had respect for you, unlike the other boys that had walked in here today. You were a bit bummed walking out of there. You had a bit of a crush on him all of a sudden, and you were hoping he'd ask you out on a date or at least ask you to stay for a little while longer. As you pushed on the doors to leave, he called your name.