"I thought you already were my boyfriend." :NEIL PERRY REQUEST:

Author's Note: For the lovely, @NeilBf   THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REQUESTING! Ilysm!!

Neil fixed the collar under his sweater. It was wrinkled but he truly didn't care. And he knew no one at this party would care. Everyone would be too drunk to notice. What mattered was the sweater he was wearing over the collar shirt. It was (f/c), Gerard's favorite color.

He wasn't a try hard to get most people's attention and affection- that sort of came naturally to him. But Gerard made him feel different. Gerard made him want to try. He liked and disliked the way Gerard made him feel and Neil was still trying to decide how that was even possible. He liked that Gerard made him feel alive and like a prize but he hated that Gerard kept him awake at night and drove him crazy.

Neil sighed and grabbed his coat, going to Knox's dorm, the desired meeting place. Everyone was already there, rearing and ready to go to Chet's party.

Charlie was smoking a cigarette, that's how Neil knew he was actually a bit nervous to attend the party. Meeks and Pitts were fixing each other's sweater vests, like a married couple. Todd was helping Cameron with his hair. Knox was talking about Chris, of course. And Gerard was trying to act like he cared about what Knox was saying... Neil could see that the fake caring was getting more and more difficult to keep up.

"Hey- let's hit the road. Mr. Keating can only stay up so late to drive us." Neil told everyone, mostly wanting to end Gerard's suffering.
"Let's hit the road- we were the ones waiting for you!" Charlie expressed, putting out his cigarette, getting a laugh in agreeance from everyone. Neil let everyone else lead the way, and followed the crowd with Gerard. Gerard laughed and scratched his hair.
"You saw me struggling, didn't you?" He asked. Neil made a bittersweet face,
as if he was debating whether he should tell the truth or not.
"It wasn't hard to miss." Gerard smacked Neil playfully which made Neil roughly but funnily pull Gerard into his side. Gerard went red and put his arm around Neil's waist. Neil nuzzled his cheek against his head then pushed open the doors of Welton.

Mr. Keating drilled through all the rules of partying. Don't get drunk, don't get someone pregnant, don't get into a fight, don't go to jail, don't disturb women, don't disturb men, don't disturb anyone, dance but not too hard, and most of all have fun. Everyone winced at some words. Like pregnant and jail. Gerard and Neil both looked at each other, chuckling at bit. Mr. Keating was funny to think that any of them would get someone pregnant. Can't he tell they're all... well...

They all got out of the car and walked into Chet's front door that was wide opened. Smoke wafted into their face. Gerard and Neil felt like they were in a scene from the movie Goodfellas. Maybe it was because Sunshine of Your Love by Cream was playing as they trudged their way to the drink table, but either way, badass was an understatement to how they were feeling right now.

They all spilt up after they got drinks. Knox found some girl, who wasn't Chris so it was a shock. Meeks and Pitts were playing a drinking game with two other guys. Charlie was teaching Todd how to properly take shots, and Cameron was supervising them. Gerard and Neil were in the corner of the party by the record player. They were talking about anything and everything they possibly could. They had this special gift where they could truly talk about anything. Their favorite thing to talk about was plays and music. So that took up most of their conversational time.

They got so into their discussions that they chose to not pay attention to how much they were drinking, like fools.

Soon enough, the two were slobbering messes, speaking but not really speaking. One of them would incoherently mumble, then another would crack up at the mumble. All of a sudden, Gerard just threw his cup to the bushes and off Chet's pool deck, shouting at the top of his lungs, "FUCKING SHAKESPEARE!" Neil laughed and threw his cup too, restating the words, "FUCKING SHAKESPEARE!" The two stared down off of the deck, down at the blue pool of water beneath them. Drunk people and swimming. Not a good mix. It shouldn't be a mix at all. But could two drunk people tell that it wasn't a good mix? No. Why would they be able to tell?

Neil stood up on the decks wooden railing and held onto a pillar. Gerard, being stupidly influenced as well, copied him. They were only about seven feet above the pool deck. If they fell, they'd be completely fine, just wet from the water in the pool they fell into. To the two drunk dweebs, it looked like they were at the top of the Seattle Space Needle.

"Let's jump on three." Neil said, stretching his hand out to Gerard. Gerard took it, completely trusting him.
"You think we'll die?" He asked Neil, looking down at the pool. Neil shook his head.
"We will live forever as long as we're together. On three..." Gerard's heart fluttered at Neil's statement. "...One..." Gerard loosened his grip on the pillar. "...Two..." He put his feet on the edge. "...Three!"

The two dropped to the water and sunk to the bottom, their fingers still interlocked. Neil began swimming to the top, pulling Gerard up there with him. Their heads broke the surface and they exchanged smiles. Their roaring laughs and howls could be heard for miles, through the woods, and past the mountains. Gerard swam to the side of the pool that was hidden behind the deck, and pulled Neil to his chest. Neil's arms immediately went around his waist and their foreheads touched. Their lips interlocked and started prying against each other's. Gerard gently pulled Neil's soaking wet hair and removed his now soaked sweater and dress shirt. Neil moved his lips down his neck and desperately kissed him.

"Stop-" Gerard said, pushing Neil away. Neil immediately did just that. Fear over took him.
"What's wrong?" He said, the terror not trying to hide.
"I'm not going to do this again. I'm not going to makeout with you and then pretend it never happened thirty seconds after. Either we're dating, or we're not." Gerard said, climbing out of the pool. Neil leaped over the pool side and grabbed his hand.
"WAIT!" Gerard turned, scared he just ruined his life. "I thought you already were my boyfriend." Neil confessed. Gerard didn't respond with words. Instead, he replied with a kiss.

Midnight came around sooner than later. Gerard and Neil sort of dried off by the time Mr. Keating came to pick them up. The two hadn't stopped blushing or holding hands for a second. They were simply bathing and adoring their new terms for one another. Boyfriend and Boyfriend.