|Chapter Twenty| Japanese Andromeda

[Japanese Andromeda]: Fairies' fire

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I stay there, crying in Jack's arms before gradually calming down. He lets go of me and once I cover myself, he hands me my bag and throws the empty cup for me.

"I'm really sorry I came onto you like this." I say again and my voice sounds hoarse because of all the crying.

"No apologies accepted. I rather enjoyed it." Jack tries to joke with a sweet smile, probably to make me feel relieved.

He's always been so understanding when it comes to things like this. I mean, isn't it obvious? The guy hasn't pushed me for sex even though we've been dating since the end of middle school.

He's always so patient with me.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks and I shake my head. Right now I just need ballet.

Besides, what would I even tell him? That I used him to check if what I am feeling for someone else is just physical lust or not? That I realized it's not?

"Not really, no. But... thank you, Jack," I hold his gaze, to let him know how much I mean it. "You are always so understanding."

"You're my friend first, Mia." He says and I couldn't love him any more than I do now at this moment. I wish he remembers this when we break up too.

"Still. Thank you for never pushing me into anything. I don't tell this to you very often, but I truly appreciate it." He nods with a smile, and takes a step back to give me space to make myself presentable in the mirror.

I tame my long waves with the tiny comb I keep in my bag, and refresh my cherry tint. Other than that I'm good to go.

"Want me to take you home?" He offers as we exit the bathroom.

"Nope. I have to check something about one of my projects first." I lie to him, and it scares me how effortless it's become for me. "You which way?"

"Back to the gym," he nods his head to the side, with a charming smile.

"Then I'll walk you back," I make the 'you first' gesture with my hand with a tiny bow, and he laughs accepting my gentlewoman move.

"That should be my line."

"It's the twenty first century, silly." I stick my tongue out at him as we walk back to the gym.