|Chapter Seventeen| Petunia

[Petunia]: Your presence soothes me

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Screw you," I punch him on the chest with the back of my hand before jumping to my feet and practically running to the door.

"Wouldn't you like that?" He calls out after me, and I don't even look back at him as I flip him the bird and fly out of the door.

This... this... jerk! I can't believe he keeps toying with me to prove some kind of twisted point when everything I feel for him is so pure.

Every time I think I'm getting closer to him, to the old Connor I think he deep down still is, he's proving to me how oh-so-wrong I am.

I don't even register how I climb down the stairs, run out of that god-forsaken house that seems to be my hell, cross the deserted and dark street, and finally get inside my car.

Why does he always make me run away from him?

Breathless, I lean my arms on the steering wheel and rest my head on them. I can still feel his ghostly touch on my skin, right above my collarbone, his teeth pulling at my lower lip slowly, making me lose my mind. In my head, his long fingers are still wrapped around my neck, and his hot breath is looming over my mouth. A shiver runs down my body as I imagine all the things he could do to me if I didn't stop him.

Would he kiss me, really kiss me then? Would he try to go further even when he was bleeding? Would he believe me if I told him I was still a virgin because... because I always wanted him? Only him. And would he use it against me?

I close my eyes, take a couple of deep breaths, and finally regulate my breathing after what feels like an eternity.

"Damn it," I suddenly remember the reason I'm in this kind of state.

Pushing back, I turn the light inside the car on and pull the vanity mirror down.

"Shoot," I mutter to myself as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My lower lip is red and swollen, the lipstick completely gone, or should I say licked off in this case? And then there is the trace of his small bite on the side of my jaw - still red and fresh.  

Automatically, my fingers land on it, tracing the spot. The shape of his teeth is barely even there and maybe he was holding back on it, opting for sucking instead. Honestly, my mind was so clouded with lust I can't even recall. It doesn't hurt either, but still, it's there, the reminder of how much he owns me and how much I didn't mind it at all. 

My fingers land on my lower lip then, caressing it, making my breath hitch.

But then, they freeze and I go numb because I'm... smiling. The corner of my mouth is turned up and my eyes are... glowing.