|Chapter Three| Blue Salvia

[Blue Salvia] : I'm thinking of you

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

After going through two more classes, each lasting for 90 minutes, I make my way out to the parking lot with a killer headache.

I mean, come on! It's the second day of school. I can't possibly want to leave New York first thing tomorrow just because of him.

I'll have to face him again, and thankfully I've got "FRIENDS" to make me forget everything.

Anyway, because Syd and I are taking different classes, we only have Modern Literature together and sometimes we don't finish the day together.

She wants to major in theatre and performance studies, while I'm trying to gather all the credits that I can to choose landscape architecture at the end of my sophomore year.

I have already selected all of the relevant introductory courses, as well as some of the ones I could both enjoy and use for the credits.

Now, becoming a landscape architect has been my dream since forever. I was actually inspired by my Mom, but every time I watched her sketch buildings and houses, I was dreaming about designing parks and streetscapes.

I wasn't the only one inspired by her though...

I remember Conner and I drawing buildings and forests, and Mom giving us directions. She laughed every time Connor'd erase my trees and parks to sketch complicated skyscrapers, which would end with both of us getting into fights. 

Mom would always praise him for his skills, and I'd not mind it at all.

The dumbass was amazingly talented at sketching, but I'd always just blame it on him being older than me.

I still have some of his most impressive sketches hanging on my bedroom wall like a stupid fangirl.

With my mind traveling back to our encounter, I wonder, what he's majoring in now. I haven't seen him at any of my other classes so far, so I'm guessing it's not architecture.

The thought makes me feel both glad and crushed because I know he really enjoyed drawing back then. And now I guess he doesn't and it makes everything so final...

But I still wonder how, I still wonder why he's lost two years...

I wonder why I care, but I think I know the answer to that all too well.

However, my thoughts quickly drift from him, as I notice Jack leaning against my car, his hands crossed against his chest.

"What does he want now?" I mumble to myself as I make my way to him.

SHUT UP, MIA! He is your boyfriend. It's only natural.

I mentally punch myself in the face, as I dance my way to him.