|Chapter Eleven| Swallow Wort

[Swallow Wort]: Cure for Heartache

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

[Swallow Wort]: Cure for Heartache

Chapter Soundtrack: "Poison" by Rita Ora

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

|Chapter Eleven| Swallow Wort

Mia 9, Connor 11

His eyes zeroed in on a big red apple as he kept looking for something, anything to stuff into Gabriella's mouth and make her shut the hell up.

Just how much longer could she keep running her dumb mouth about nothing in particular?

That was the thing about everyone around him, he thought. They all kept talking and yet not saying anything.

Everyone and everything around him was so freaking boring. He was never looking forward to anything, no one was interesting enough to talk to or about, and in general, every aspect of his life was so... grey and meaningless.

Nothing and no one excited him or made any sense... except her.

His Little Monster.

Who, by the way, was still nowhere to be seen.

It was a warm Sunday evening, and Connor and his parents were over at the Jones' house along with a couple of other family friends.

He'd prefer to be over at her house alone, without his glaring father and crazy mother, whose sole purpose in life was to piss his father off.

But he wasn't complaining, because even with all the people here, he still could spend some time with her.

And he had.

He had spent the whole afternoon sitting with her near the pool and watching her draw her dream house with its fairytale-like garden almost as if he was enchanted.

Mrs. Sophie taught him how to draw buildings too, but watching her draw, dance, or do any other thing, was way more fascinating.

She carried herself with such ease and grace that no one else had and it compelled him.

However, after the dinner they all had over 30 minutes ago, with him painfully squeezed between his parents (because God forbid the news of a dysfunctional family reached the potential clients and partners of his father's law firm), he didn't seem to be able to find her, no matter how hard he looked for her.

"Get off my face, Gabriella," he finally snapped, not giving a shit about pretending to play nice per his father's command earlier. He was certainly going to hear his father's non-stop nagging that was a lot similar to hammering a nail into a wall, but he didn't care.

All he cared about then was to shut Gabriella up and find his person.

He realized then, why his Little Monster hated the girl so much and kept making pranks on her the whole day.

Troubleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें