Chapter 3: Grand Opening

Layai P.OV

Today was the day of the grand- opening, April invited me to, it was said to be celebrating a new artist by the name of Jhene Aiko's Album Releasing, I didn't really wanna go but I did want to get out of the house for a night to enjoy myself and meet new people.

"Girl I'm getting ready now, I'm just picking out my shoes, don't be late Layai" April laughed.

"I'm not hun", I said rubbing on my Alexander Wang dress that I was wearing to the grand opening tonight

"okay Boo, I'll see you later" she said before hanging up.

I placed my phone on my bed, before stripping out of my clothes it was 7:30 and I had to be atleast on the red carpet by 8:00, I turned on my all pink beats pill playing "The Body" by Wale ft Jeremih"

"Baby you gotta body like a Benz
I'm just tryna drive it once again
Baby you gotta body like a Benz
I'm just tryna drive it once again
shawty can I be ya tank yeah I start off with that
"what you drinking" pardon if I'm road raging, but you know my drive is crazy.."

I slowly walked seductively to my bathroom, dropping my robe as I stepped into the shower I began, rolling my body to the beat of the song as the water, beats against my back. I was in my own zone until my phone began to ring causing me to jump out of my zone, since my iPhone was hooked up to my Beats Pill, I hurried up out the shower wrapping a towel around me, as I dashed in the room grabbing my phone off the cord, I looked down on the phone seeing it was my boyfriend Frederick. I didn't know wheather to answer it or ignore it, so I answered it.

"What Frederick ?"I spoke with an attitude in my voice

"Layai stop playin' like you don't wanna talk to a niggah" he spoke . I couldn't even see him but I know he had a smirk on his face as he talked

" Excuse me? look Frederick I don't have time for your bullshit, what do you want? I spoke harshly..

"Why everytime I call you, you think I want something from you? I can't jus-? he spoke getting cut off by a chicks voice in the background " Freddy baby, I'm waiting..

Did I just hear what I think I heard?

" SO THIS WAS A GAME TO YOU FREDERICK? WHILE I WAS OUT WORKING MY ASS OFF AND TRYNA TRYNA FIGURE OUT WHY IS IT, THAY I HAVENT GOTTEN A CALL FROM MY BOYFRIEND OF 3 YEARS, IS BECAUSE YOUR WITH SOME HOE? IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT SOMEBODY TO TALK TO, AND IT AIN'T ME!

The anger going through my body, and the ache I feel in my heart was a feeling like no other.

I slammed my phone on the dresser, pacing back and forth in my room not even acknowledging the fact that I was naked, tears started to form in my eyes before I knew it I was on the floor curled up crying. I couldn't believe this was happening it was all adding up, when i would call and he would say he's busy he was probably fucking her, when we would be on bad terms and wasnt speaking to eachother, he probably was fucking her, so he had all the attention he acted like he didn't have, my phone began to ring again, I got up from the floor " I swear to God If this is that son of a bitc- HELLO?! I yelled after I answered my phone.