Chapter 8

Meredith found herself in a hurry, she had laid in bed later than she should. She just couldn't shake the conversation she had with Derek. It had been four days of avoiding phone calls and hospital halls with him. She was still unsure how she felt about everything, feelings that had resurfaced kept her down. As she drove through the rain that Seattle was known for, she parked in the parking lot with just enough time to make it to rounds without Bailey scolding her. She quickly got out of her car, going to the passenger side to grab her bag that had fell and emptied the contents all over her seat. She heard a car pull up beside her, she glanced up just enough to see who it was.

"Crap," she mumbled to herself, picking up all the things as fast as she could. She turned just as he got out of the car, slamming the door.

"Hi, I'm late," she managed to say before shutting her own door and hurrying toward the door.

"You're just avoiding me!" He said, calling after her as he tried to keep up.

"And I'm late," she said to him.

"Are we going to talk about what happened the other night?" He asked as he continued to follow her.

"No," she said, shaking her head.

"I told you how I felt and I thought we were getting somewhere," he said, following her into the elevator.

"Can we just forget about it?" She asked.

"That's not something you forget Meredith," he said, shaking his head.

"It is for me, and for you," she said, tapping her feet as the elevator continued to slowly move up.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked with a sigh.

"Doing what?"

"Acting like you don't have feelings toward me," he whispered.

"I don't," she lied. She couldn't be the intern sleeping with an attending.

"Liar," he whispered into her ear. She felt chills cross her body, feeling his breath against her skin.

"Why do you do this to me!" She groaned.

"It's the chase," he smirked at her.

"That chase?" She furrowed her brows as she looked at him.

"The fact that you want me and I want you, but you won't admit it. I'm doing something I should have done a long time ago," he said in a low tone, getting closer to her. Just then, the elevator doors dinged as they opened.

"You," she couldn't help but smile even though she wanted to scream at him. He had a devious smirk on his face as he watched her storm off to the locker room. She was the only one in there as she quickly changed into her scrubs. The door opened and Lexie came rushing in.

"You're late," Meredith laughed.

"So are you," Lexie hissed, "Dr. Yang is going to kill me."

"Cristina will be fine, I have Bailey to worry about."

"Why are you late?" Meredith asked.

"I have to stop sleeping with my boss," Lexie said with a groan.

"You're still sleeping with Sloan?" Meredith asked with a raised brow.

"He just makes me feel like I've never felt before,"Lexie sighed.

"For some reason, all the Shepherd's do that," Meredith groaned.

"Huh?"

"Mark is Derek's best friend, raised together like brother's," Meredith said, grabbing her stethoscope and roping around her before hurrying off.