Chapter 11

She stood there, a hotel room that looks so familiar. She heard cries from the halls, a baby cry. Her whole body felt shivers as a cold breeze brushed in through the open window.

"Hello!" She cried out, but somehow the words never left her head. She tried again, hurrying to the door where she heard the crying again. She went to grasp the door handle that was not there. She banged on the door, hoping whoever was out there would open. She turned and rushed to the window just as it disappeared. The whole room was empty, nothing except a single painting hung on the wall.

"Someone help me!" She croaked as tears started rushing down her cheeks. A loud bang and another scream was heard. She was terrified, she had no idea where she was or what was going on. Another baby cry started and then another. Just a cycle of baby cries heard all around her.

"Meredith!" A male voice said loudly, she looked around. No one was there. She heard it again, this time like it was in her own head.

"Meredith!" Derek said as he was shaking her. Here eyes jolted open, a cold sweat broke from her body.

"Are you ok?" He asked, looking extremely concerned at her. He was already dressed and had his hair fixed for the day. She looked over at the clock, noticing the time.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine," she said, shaking her head. The feeling of loneliness fell heavy on her again. She hated them, her nightmares. It was like she was trapped and no one could help her.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Yeah, just a dream. It's nothing," she shook her head again. She felt like she was opening a door from her past that didn't want to be opened.

"I got to get going, an early surgery. Are you sure you're going to be ok?" He asked again.

"Yes Derek. I'm fine," she assured him again.

"If you ever wanna talk about it, I'm here," he offered, leaning over to give her a small kiss.

"Thanks," she said, she still felt completely shaken up from nervousness like someone was out to get her.

"I'm going to take a quick shower before I head out," she said as she slowly climbed out of his bed.

"I'm going to get going. I made coffee," he leaned in to kiss her once again.

"Be careful," she told him.

"I will, just make sure you lock up before you go," he offered a smile at her. She smiled back, she was still shaking from the nightmare. She wanted so badly to know what it meant, she never experienced it so vividly as she had this last time.

Still trying to shake the feeling, she went and jumped into the shower. She groaned, shaking her head as she grabbed his shampoo. She didn't even think to grab her own. The aroma of his scent filled the shower as she washed her self, glad he was the only man she had ever met to use conditioner on his hair. She remembered making jokes with him about his hair, he showed her a picture of his untamed hair in high school that made her understand how he needed his hair products. She rinsed off, grabbing a towel from rack as she dried off. She smelled like him, it made her want his touch as she smelled it.

She blow dried her hair quickly, leaving it a little damp as she put the clothes she wore the previous night on. She didn't plan on staying the night, it just happened. She passed out halfway through their movie, she remembered him waking her up to ask if she wanted to come to his bed and it just looked so comfortable that she had to stay. She hurried downstairs, grabbing one of his cups to pour herself some coffee for the road. She smiled when she saw the French vanilla creamer he had bought, knowing how much she despised his love for hazelnut creamer. She grabbed her keys and hurried out the front door, running into someone she was not expecting to see.