Chapter 12

Meredith looked at the empty spot next to her, she was so lonely when she woke up and realized he wasn't there. The weekends were always for Grace and she accepted that, their relationship had started to blossom in the past month and a half. Everyone in the hospital slowly found out about their relationship. Maybe she had some kind of advantage due to Richard thinking of her as his family. Bailey had managed to keep Meredith off of Derek's service entirely which was a little unfair, but understandable. She had an interest in neuro, something about the brain really caught her attention.

She finally heard her alarm going off as she reached over and turned it off. She was grateful today was Sunday and that meant she had tomorrow off. She and Derek had plans for tonight which was the one thing keeping her going, she had turned into a giddy, teenage girl when it came to him. She still was holding out for the other shoe to drop, which she wasn't disappointed yet. Her life was never this perfect, where everything was slowly falling into place. She had the man she had dreamed about for years and he wanted her just as badly, her job was rough but she loved the thrill of surgery.

As she got ready for her shift, she couldn't help but feel like today was going to be a good day. She had a new outlook on life, where everything was slowly turning around. She grabbed her coffee on the way out, quickly making it to her car in the rain. The one thing she would change about Seattle was the rain, she was never a fan of the rain. It was very dreary, made her want to stay in bed all day after living away for 10 years in places with normal weather patterns. As she made it in to the hospital, she hurried into the locker room. George looked up and immediately came over to her.

"Have you heard the rumors?" He asked in a whisper.

"What rumors?" Meredith was clueless.

"The merger?" He asked. She had been so busy trying to keep up she didn't have time to worry about hospital gossip.

"What merger? What even is that?" She replied as she replaced her clothes with scrubs.

"They are saying that us and Mercy West was bought out by the same buyer and they are cutting down hospital staff by half," Lexie said quickly interjecting.

"That's crazy, just rumors. Derek would have told me," Meredith said.

"Yeah I thought the same thing about-" Lexie then quickly realized what she was about to say and shut her mouth quickly. She was a nervous talker, words would just spill from her mouth like vomit when she was nervous. Meredith did the same thing, she had come to realize her and Lexie weren't too different after all.

"Who?" George asked.

"Uh- nothing. Anyway everyone is talking about it," Lexie continued. No one knew about her and Mark. They had gotten pretty serious, he had even introduced her to Sofia which Derek said was very unusual. Meredith hasn't been around Grace since she saw her in the hospital, Derek said he wanted to wait to introduce her as his girlfriend.

"Don't listen to the drama. It's just rumors," Meredith said, closing her locker as she put her stethoscope around her neck and walked out to find Bailey.

"Grey, I need you in the pit for a consult," Bailey said barely looking up from her charts. She had been acting very strange lately, extra snappy to be precise.

"Yes. Dr. Bailey, anything else?" She added.

"No Grey, now go make yourself busy," she said before stepping away without another word. She started to the ER and then she was found by Cristina.

"Bailey has been acting weird," Cristina piped up. They haven't spoken much since she called her out for dating Derek and telling her it was a mistake.