Chapter 1

Abby POV

"You stupid bitch! You ruined my mattress." "I'm sorry miss, i didn't mean to. It was an accident." "Go get in the shower. I'm calling your caseworker. I can't take you ruining things that don't belong to you. Don't come out until I tell you to." "yes miss." I held my head in shame as I walked across the hall to the bathroom. I'm Abby, I'm 9 years old. I lost my mom and dad when I was 4. They died in a car crash. Every sense then I have been bounced around from foster home to foster home. Just recently I started having bed wetting accidents. Miss Lou doesn't like it. She says I can control myself, but the thing is, I can't. I never realize I'm doing it until I wake up in a wet bed in the morning. I really just wish I could find a mommy and daddy who loves me and doesn't scream at me all the time. I miss my mommy and daddy a lot. They hugged me and kissed me all the time. I haven't had a real hug sense the night they died.

After an hour or so I hear the doorbell ring. I hope it's my caseworker so I can get out of this shower and leave this place. "Get your ass out of there and get dressed. Sam is here for you. Take all your shit with you." I go back across the hall and gather my book bag with my things. You see I don't ever unpack when I get to places. More times than not, I'm not going to stay long. I have been with Miss Lou for about 2 months. Just enough time to try to make friends and now I'm leaving again. It's no wonder I get made fun of all the time.

S- Sam *Abby's Caseworker A- Abby ML- Miss Lou

A- "Hi Miss Sam."

S- "Hey Abby, you ready?"

A-"Yea, i guess so." "Thank you for letting me stay here Miss Lou. I'm sorry it didn't work out." ML-"Yea, yea, yea now off with ya."

We got into Miss Sam's car and I lost it. "Miss Sam why doesn't anyone want me? Why can't I be loved? I just want a mommy and a daddy who will hug me and not yell at me all the time. Why is that so much to ask?" "Abby, the place I am taking you, I bet will be the last place you will ever go; and not only does it have a mommy and a daddy, but there are 2 daddies!" "But Miss Sam, what if they dont like me? I mean I do have accidents a lot now and I am very shy." "Awe Abby, I have told this family all about you. They are very understanding and know about your accidents. They are very ok with you coming to stay with them sweetie. I have been waiting on them to be approved to foster for a long time. When Miss Lou called me this morning, I knew where I was taking you. It's time for you to go live with this family. They just got approved to foster last week. So they don't have any other children." "Miss Sam, I'm scared. I have been to so many houses and all of them hurt me in some way. Now I'm going to a place with 2 daddies. What if they hurt me too?" "Abby, I can't promise that this will be your last home, but I am 95% sure it will be. This family has wanted to be parents for as long as I can remember. The mommy, she is so beautiful. Her name is Lindsey. The daddies, they are sweet and kind, just like you! Their names are Paul and Sam. Ok Abby, we're here. Welcome to your new home."

We get out of the car and I grab my backpack. I get nervous as we walk up the front steps to yet another house with people I don't know. Just then the door opened and there stood the MOST BEAUTIFUL lady I have ever seen. "Hey Sammie! It's good to see you!" "Thanks Linds. This is Abby, the little girl i've been telling you about for the last who knows how long. Her past foster mom called me this morning and said I need to find her another placement, and well here we are." "Hi Abby, I'm Lindsey, and these are my husbands Paul and Sam." "Nice to meet you." I said shyly. "Why don't we come in out of the cold and sit down huh. Then we can all get to know each other. Sammie you staying for lunch?" "Sure Linds, thanks."