Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to @SharitaPatterson! Thanks for reminding me to update! :D 

Now please enjoy!

Its been a week sense the car accident. Mimi, pop pop and TT are all still staying with us. Papa is feeling a bit better. He has a walker to help him move around. But he still needs pop pops help when he wants to go up or down the stairs. He has been trying to snuggle me in the chair more now. Its nice. I missed my papa snuggles in our chair. Mama started to work a couple hours a few times a week and daddy has been working from home. He is getting along with his crutches better every day. Mama has still been making sure I get as much milkies as i want. She pumps when i don't want to suckle.

I was snuggling papa when we heard the doorbell. I looked at papa and he looked at me. I just snuggled closer to him. I was safe, no matter who came to our house. TT walked in with this lady. "Abby, this is TT's boss Jennifer." I snuggled closer to papa. He knew i was scared. TT came over close to me. "Abby Miss Jen has some questions for you ok. You can still snuggle papa ok baby?" I nodded my head. As long as i was close to papa, I was safe. "Hi Abby, are you enjoying your cuddles with your daddy?" "This isn't daddy. Daddy is working. This is papa." "Oh i see. Thats right Sam says you have 2 daddies is that right?" "Yup. I have a daddy and papa and i have a mommy too." "That's so neat. Do you like living here?" "Yes ma'am. I love my family, and my house and everything about being here." Just then mama came down from her office. "MOMMY!" "Hey baby! Mommy missed you wanna snuggle with mama for a little bit?" I shook my head! "Me wanna snuggle mama." I was regressing even when i was trying to be big for miss Jen. "Hi, im Lindsey, Im abby's mom." "Nice to meet you lindsey, Im Jen, im Sam's boss." "OH, HI. I'm sorry about the mess. We are all obviously recovering still." "Oh your fine. I see Abby is super comfortable here." "Yes she is. We love her as much as she loves us." "mommy me need you!" TT came over and picked me up from papa and put me on the couch with mama. I snuggled in close to her. I was rooting and didn't even notice. "Is she rooting?" "Oh, um yea i guess. Im going to be honest with you Jen, Abby has been nursing sense she got here. Right now is her nap time. Typically I will take her up to my bed, change her or have Sam change her and then my husband Paul will come in and lay with us in our king size bed and ill nurse Abby to sleep." "Thats interesting. She seems to want to nurse." "Mommy, me want to but no want in trouble. Me cant loose you and papa and dada." "Its ok Abby, you can nurse. You wont be in trouble sweetie." "You wont take me away from mama?" "No sweetheart, I promise you can stay with your mama."

"Miss Jen, would you like to see our nap time routine? I mean its ok with us if you do." "That sounds lovely." So TT took me up to my room to change me. Miss Jen just fallowed. "WOW LOOK AT THIS ROOM!" "yea they went all out for her. She doesn't sleep in the crib though, she tends to co-sleep with her big people, don't you baby!" I shook my head. I was ready for my nap time snuggles with mama and daddy! I always feel more safe in bed with daddy. When TT was done changing me she took me over to mamas room. Daddy was sitting up in bed waiting for me! TT handed me off to daddy who helped me lay down and get under the covers. Mama didn't take her shirt off this time, she just pulled it up and unhooked her nursing bra. I latched on and just laid there nursing. Not caring who was in the room with us. I was safe. Daddy was there to protect me while i slept.

"Miss Jen, do you have any questions for us?" "I do actually have a few. What are you guys going to do for Abby for schooling?" "My husband Sam was a paraprofessional, he quit working and is homeschooling Abby. She was having major anxiety about going to a new school. And then it just makes it easier for her to be babied. She can be a big girl when she needs to. She just really enjoys being babied by us." "Are you and your family sure you want to take on Abby's needs? She seems to have quite a few, and now with the information we just received about her incontinence. Are you sure you and your family are ok taking on that much work?" "Absolutely. When Abby came to our home almost 3 weeks ago, she was the most scared little girl in the world. She didn't talk for the first 2 hours of being here until she had an accident. She was afraid to ask where the bathroom was, poor baby. Then when we took her to the store and her eyes lit up like light bulbs when we were in the baby aisle, I knew that she was special. There is no way we would ever want Abby to go anywhere else. We know her needs and yes we are fully prepared to handle them." "Ok Lindsey, last question. Are you and your husbands wanting to adopt Abby?" "Miss Jen, that is the easiest question yet. Of course we want to adopt Abby. She is already our little girl. But we would love to make it official." "Perfect that is exactly what i needed to know. Now do you have any questions for me?" "Honestly, the only question I, well we, have is...... when can we adopt our girl?" "Well from the looks of things here, Abby has found her forever home. So just as soon as the paperwork is filed, I will approve things and id say within a month maybe a month and a half that you will be able to go in front of the judge and get Abby officially adopted. I will be putting the paperwork in for approval when I get back to the office."

Mama was moving a lot, so i rolled over to daddy. He put his arms around me and snuggled into me close. "Does daddy's baby want a bink bink?" I nodded my head. Daddy reached behind him on the headboard and grabbed me a bink. He put it in my mouth and snuggled me good. I fell asleep on him. It was nice to be so close to my daddy!