Chapter 10

When we got up to the floor, I was starting to get cranky and my mama could tell something was up. Then she remembered I had been in the same diaper sense at McDonalds. So she asked the nurses to change me. They put my legs in this thing that held them up for me. Then they changed me. It hurt so bad. I had a really bad diaper rash. I started crying again so mama came over to me. "Baby it's ok, mamas here." "Mama, I want daddy and papa. If we wouldn't have gone on this trip to the zoo, we wouldn't all be hurt. If i wouldn't have needed milkies we may not have been in the accident." Mama could see I was blaming myself for what happened. "Baby girl, it's not your fault you wanted to nurse honey! Car accidents happen and your birth mama and daddy kept all of us safe baby! The accident could have been a lot worse than it was! We are not mad at you Abby! We love you so much and we are all happy that your safe baby! What can mama do to make you feel better honey?" "Mama, I'm not sure how I can feel better. I just need snuggles." "Oh, I can do snuggles baby. Promise. Mama isn't leaving unless you want me to. All I want to do is hold you Abby. You're the best thing that has ever happened to us. What if we video chatted to your daddy and papa and we all talked while mama nursed you? Would that be ok baby?" I shook my head, mama knew that what i needed was for all of us to be together. Mama borrowed an ipad from the nurses sense she couldn't find her phone. Then she called down to papa and daddy's room to have them get one too. Once they got one they called us. Mama, daddy, papa, and I were all together again. Even if it was by a tv screen.

Daddy had snuggled into papas bed so he wasn't alone. We are all so used to sleeping together that its hard not to. Papa looked ok, which made me feel better. "Dada, papa, me wuvs you! I miss you!!!" "Awe baby we love you too. We know your hurting and we would do anything to take that away. Why don't we get a nurse to bring papa a good book for you so papa can read while you nurse on mama and go to sleep ok baby?" "ok dada, me is tired. I just wish you were here so i can feel safer." I was definitely tired. It had been a long day and i just didn't feel good. And my legs hurt too.

A few minutes later a nurse brought papa a few books so he could read to me. I snuggled close to mama and latched onto her boobie. Papa started reading to me and mamas milkies was going into my belly, before i knew it i was asleep.

I woke up a little while later and mama wasn't in bed with me. I started to fuss. She didn't come. "MAMA!!!!" No answer! "MOMMY!!! MOMMY WHERE ARE YOU?" I started to get really scared. I saw the Ipad on the table next to me so i hit the button to call daddy and papa. "Hey baby! Hows our girl? Did you have a good nap?" They could tell i was stressing out, "Abby whats wrong baby? Tell papa! Im here baby!" "Papa mama no here! Me waked up all alone and I call for mama and her no come! I scared papa! Me need mama." "Its ok pumpkin, mama is probably in the shower or something. She probably figured you were going to sleep for a little bit. So she went to get cleaned up. Its ok pumpkin. Papa will stay right here on the screen with you as long as it takes until mama gets back!" Just then the door opened. "MAMA!" "Hi baby mama thought you were sleeping so i ran out to call Mimi, pop pop, and auntie sam. They are coming right now. So they will be here soon! If i would have known you were going to wake up, I would have stayed baby! Mama is soooo sorry hunny! Im here. Shhhhhh its ok now." Mama saw papa on the screen. "Hey you! How are ya feelin?" "Im ok, I can feel my thighs now. So that is a good sign. Abby was scared when you weren't with her so she called us. Is she ok now?" "Yea you know how she is, she doesn't like to wake up alone. She will be just fine. I got her. Babe you go get some rest. Anna and Bill will be here soon. Not sure where they are going first, but they are coming up. "Ok babe. I love you. Take care of our girl." "Always babe. I love you too. I will talk to you in a little while. Bye." "Bye babe." Mama and papa hung up the phone.

"Mama, can we call Auntie Sam?" "why do you want to call Auntie sweetie?" "Me wanna call auntie and see if her will bring me a good binki and my blanky! Me needs my blanky mama." "Awe baby, here lets call her!" Mama picked up the ipad and called auntie sam on video chat like we had been with papa and daddy. "Hey Linds whats up?" "AUNTIE!!!!! Hi Auntie!!!" "Hey baby!!! Hows my girl? Are you ok?" "Yes Auntie, but me need a good binki and my blanky! Me wanted to know if you bring me good binki and blanky?" "Let me see if pop pop will stop at walmart real quick baby. We will definitely bring you a good binki and a good blanky ok baby!?" "Me knew if i called, you would bring me special blanky and good binki! Fank you Auntie!" "Anything to make my princess feel better!" Mama took over talking to Auntie Sam. "Hey Sam, do you know what binki she likes?" "the MAM ones right? Or is it something else?" "No your right its the MAM ones. Im pretty sure her blanky that she is talking about was in the accident with us. But we did get it at walmart. It was purple and fluffy and soft. They may have another one. If so grab all they have and we will pay you back." "Im not worried about the money, Im worried about my niece feeling better! If it takes a blanket and a couple packs of pacifiers then thats what i will do! OK we have to go we just pulled into walmart. Ill text you when we leave." "Thanks Sam! Love ya!" "Love you guys too!"