Chapter 13

Sense I love y'all so much, I am adding chapter 13 as well. Its a bit of a longer one! :D

A little while later some doctors came in. I was kinda scared so i snuggled up to daddy more. He hadn't moved since he came over by me. So i was still feeling safe between my daddy and my papa. The doctors started to talk to my big people. "Good morning, im doctor Robbins, and this is doctor Karev. We are going to be doing Abby's surgery today. We need to go in and put a plate in her femur and then we will cast both legs. I assume she is potty trained?" "Actually doc, Abby has only been with us for just over a week. When she came to us, she was extremely abused and just really needed a mental break. So we told her the night she came that she can regress if she wanted. Sense then, she has been at the mental age of about 18 months old. We baby her as much as possible. That includes diapers." "Well that works. She won't be able to walk or anything for 6 weeks or more." "We understand that. We just want our girl to feel better." "We understand that one. I have a 5 year old little girl and I absolutely hate when she is hurting or sick. So the anesthesia tech will come out and talk with you guys soon and then we will take her back. Do you think it would be better for her to fall asleep here with you then us take her?" "Yes please. I think that would be the best option. And can Lindsey be there when she wakes up? She tends to be scared when one of us aren't around when she wakes up." "Oh absolutely. She needs her mama when she wakes up." "How long until I can nurse her when she wakes up? Lord knows i'm going to need it." "Typically we let the kiddo decide. Sense she's nursing, she may want to comfort nurse when she wakes up. So probably immediately." "Great thanks!" Doctor Karev and doctor robbins left and i stayed super comfy. I was starting to get scared.

"Papa, dada, me no want surgery me want stay wif you." "Awe baby, we know. Shhh it's ok. Mama will be right there when you wake up baby. And the doctors said you can stay right here with papa and me when you go to sleep. It's going to be like taking a super good nap ok baby." "But dada, me no tired. Me just want you! I want booby." "Sweetie as much as mama would love to let you have your boobie, she can't hunny. You can't have anything in your tummy baby. But you can have your binki. And i'm sure they will let you keep it for when you wake up." Just then another doctor walked in

"Hey there, Im doctor Warren, I will be the anesthesia tech on Abby's case today." "Hi there, Im Lindsey, and these are my husbands Paul and Sam." "And this must be sweet Abby!" I shook my head and just snuggled closer to papa. "Well sweet Abby, I'm going to put some medicine in your tube here ok, then you get to fall asleep with your big people and when you wake up you will have a cast on your legs. Ok sweet girl?" I shook my head and stayed close to papa. Doctor Warren put some medicine in my IV and put some extra fluids through it. I started to feel funny. Daddy and papa just held me and rubbed my hair. Mama came over and kissed on me until i fell asleep. I felt safe in their arms. Even if i didn't get to have milk to fall asleep this time, I was still safe.

When I woke up I was scared. I started to cry. "Mama!" I didn't see her. My throat hurt and I needed one of my big peoples. "MAMA. MAMA!" "Hi sweetie, Im Annabel, I'm going to give you some medicine to help with the ouchies." "Me wan mama!" "Awe sweetie, the other nurse went to get your mommy. She will be here in just a few minutes." Just then mama walked up. I looked at her and started crying! "Mama me needed yous! Me got owies and me need mama." "Shhhh sweetie, mamas here now. Is it ok to nurse her? She hasn't nursed sense about 7 this morning." "Oh absolutely, let her have some milk. We can scoot her over so you can fit up on the bed with her." "Thank you!" Mama climbed into the bed with me and opened her shirt. I latched on and was finally able to get comfortable. I needed mama! She makes all the ouchies go away.

A little bit later, they took the bed i was in down to our room. Papa was still laying there resting, daddy wasnt back yet, because his surgery was after mine. So they wheeled me over next to papa and put me in bed with him. I snuggled super close to my papa so i could smell him. His smell relaxed me. Nurse Becky came in after they took the bed out. "Hows she doing?" "Shes doing alright. She seems to be in a good amount of pain. I dont think she will be off the boob much, but thats ok. She seems a lot better now that she is with Sam." "Good. Im not going to bother you guys too much. They said they changed her before she got out of the recovery room. So she should be good for a little bit. Please push your button if you need anything. Sam how are you doing?" "Im much better now that i know Abby is ok. Still worried about Paulie though. I can feel my toes. They still tingle, but i can definitely feel that they are there. I need to be able to walk for this sweet princess right here."