Fourty Six: A.A.J

"What about Houston?" I ask as Dallas scratches it off the list

"What about Houston?" I ask as Dallas scratches it off the list. "I hate it. I wanted him named after Texas like me, but not Houston."

We were looking for baby names for hours then Dallas came up with the bright idea that he wanted our son to be named after him. He begged for him to be a junior, but I turned it down. I feel like naming a kid after their parents gives them generational curses from the parents' mistakes. I don't want my son to harbor his father's problematic behaviors. He found a loop hole and said we should name the baby a name that's the city of Texas just like his name. I guess that's his version of a junior.

The two of us think for a minute and speak in unison. "Austin?"

Both of us laugh at how our minds think alike and I walk over to him, letting him sit me in his lap. Resting my forehead on his, I let out a breath of air. I'm so glad we've finally decided on a name.

"Austin is fine with me. I love that name." I smile widely. "So do I!" Drummer replies.

He brings the back of my hand up to his lips and kisses it softly. "What do you wanna do tonight, baby?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I get off of him and walk into the kitchen to check on dinner. I made baked bbq chicken, green beans, garlic mashed potatoes, corn, and honey cornbread.

"Smells good in here. Is the food almost finished?" Drummer asks as he wraps his arms around my belly and kisses my neck, making me shutter underneath his touch.

"It's finished. I'll fix your plate."

"Nah, baby. You sit down and I'll fix your plate. You've been on your feet long enough."

Sitting down at the table, I lick my lips as I wait for my plate. Once it's in front of me, I say my grace and dig in while Drummer fixes his own plate; sitting down across from me. As soon as he starts to bite his chicken wing, I stop him.

"Tell Princess to come get a plate. We have enough for her and I'm tired of her waking me up all through the night tryna sneak and eat. I told her she doesn't have to do that and that she's welcomed to live freely here. This is her house too now."

Drummer frowns and opens his mouth to say something smart like he always does when I mention her, but I hold my hand up. "Go do it. You can't be mad forever. You're making a big deal out of the situation."

"Coming from the person who up and moved to another state when she THOUGHT her nigga was cheating with her best friend." He says lowly.

My eyes water as I continue eating my food until Drummer calls my name. Ignoring him, I wipe away the tears and keep eating until he walks over to me, rubbing my shoulders.

"I am so sorry I said that. I know I shouldn't have, but I just get so upset when it comes to Princess. I don't want her here and I don't want her ass involved in my life. She's a lying, cheating, coneiving bitch and she needs to rot in hell for killing my daug... I mean for killing Niyah." He spits out and we hear a gasp.