Caught in the Trap

"Are you absolutely sure that you remember nothing else, dear?"

Clearly not believing any of my words, I attempt to keep it together. Lying to a professor? Really? And the nurse at that? What have you come to, (Y/N)?

"Yes, ma'am. I'm sorry I can't remember anything else, truly, I am."

I glance down towards the floor, attempting to look as distraught as possible, although considering how upset I was having to so blatantly lie, it wasn't too hard.

Resting her hand on my shoulder can hear the nurse faintly sigh. "It's alright then, dear," she starts, trying to mull over about something. "Let's just get you up and going again. I'm not sure if we can do too much about the lost memories, but we can fix up those injuries of yours." I look back up to meet her gaze, glancing to Abraxas before looking back. She takes a second to look around the room before walking off somewhere for a second. It takes a moment, maybe five minutes, but she returns quickly with a small cup filled with a vile goop. "This won't taste very good, but it will let you relax a bit."

Just the scent alone makes me recoil slightly, my nose scrunching up as I reluctantly take the cup.

"Thank you, ma'am."

I take a moment, staring into the moldy grey goop that looks as though bits of moss are growing inside of it. Here we go. psyching myself up, I take a deep breath and down the whole thing, nearly gagging the first second it touched my tongue.

Unable to muster any words, I simply hold out the cup for the nurse to take.

"Now that that's done, I'll alert your professors of your situation so you won't have to worry."

"Thank you."

I barely slip past my lips, nodding my head slightly as the aftertaste fades.

"Mr. Malfoy, I'll be needing you to head to class, but first let me write you up a note so your first class professor understands why you're late."

Before Abraxas nods at the nurse, he looks over at me, pity in his eyes.

"I'll come see you soon." Abraxas starts, "I promise."

With that, Abraxas follows the nurse to get the note and then goes to leave. I follow his figure until just before he opens the large doors, at which my vision becomes too blurry to, and everything goes dark.

"I'm just not so sure if we can be sure, Professor."

Hearing the squeaky voice cut through the emptiness, I slowly open my eyes.

"Hmm?"

I groggily croak out, moving my head to face the sounds, attempting to sit up.

"Oh! Miss (L/N)!"

The blurry figure quickly turns into the nurse as she rushes over to me, the bright lights causing me to struggle to keep my eyes open.

"Finally awake, I see," an older voice speaks up, "I'll take my leave then."

"Who?"

"No need, no need," the nurse starts out, "just lay back down! I'll grab something for you to drink!"

With my eyes finally adjusting to the light, I'm just barely able to catch the older man leaving the room, his long white hair and purple robe flowing behind him.

"Who was that?" I ask, curious who the older man was. "Was that a professor?"

Practically shoving the cup into my hands upon her return, the nurse nods quickly.