Jealousy?

As the sun began to shine in through the cracks of the yellow drapes over my windows I slowly open my eyes. Abraxas never came over last night, I guess that's good. Thinking to myself I drowsily stand up out of bed and walk over to my dresser, grabbing my uniform and a towel. After all, at this point, I haven't gotten the chance to have a real shower in a couple of days. I feel gross. Quickly I find my way to the girl's showers and undress. All is quiet to an almost eerie sense. After the water is turned on I get in and begin to wash myself off. So much has happened lately. First I'm brought back to this time, then Riddle approaches me, I become friends with Abraxas, and now Riddle is angry with me. I feel like I'm stepping on eggshells.

Sighing sadly to myself I attempt to let the hot water flowing down my body relax me and ease my stress. I hope Abraxas is feeling better, then I won't have to hold his hand all the time. It's not that I would normally have something against it, but with Tom I just...

Upon finishing rinsing myself off I interrupt my confused thoughts and turn off the water. Stepping out of the shower I dry myself off before getting dressed and brushing my teeth. Once finished in the showers I head back to my room and gather up my bag and grab my wand. Guess I'll check on Abraxas.

Leaving my room I lock the door and put my wand under my robes, heading over to Abraxas' room and knock softly against the door. I hope I don't wake his roommate. Seeing the twist of the doorknob I see a dressed Abraxas ready to go.

"You're feeling better I take it?" I ask, happy to see him looking more alive.

"Yes, much better thanks to you." Hearing Abraxas' words brings a soft smile to my lips. Lifting my hand to his forehead I feel the obvious difference between now and yesterday and release a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad to hear so," I begin, suddenly remembering that we should be heading to the Great Hall for breakfast. "Come on! We have to get to breakfast!" Abraxas holds a bright smile on his face as the two of us take off towards the great hall, an odd feeling growing in the back of my mind.

Getting closer towards the Great Hall the feeling still has not left. Feeling uncomfortable I step closer towards Abraxas.

"What are you doing?" Abraxas speaks up, stopping abruptly, causing me to bump into him lightly.

"I can't shake this weird feeling that I've had since we left the Common Room, it's making me really uncomfortable." Seeing the clear discomfort on my face as my eyebrows furrow Abraxas turns to face me completely before taking a second to look around at the other students walking past us.

"I'm sure it's nothing," Abraxas says, placing his hand on my head and giving it a slight rub, making my hair mess up a bit. The feeling calms me down a little but the feeling still does not leave my mind. The two of us continue to walk down the hallway to the great hall, this time hand in hand until we approach the door. Feeling a lot better we let go of the hands of each other and walk inside the doors, finding our seats at the Slytherin table. After a few moments, the feeling grows stronger and I raise my head from my plate, about to ask Abraxas if he could hand me the sausages. The second I look up my eyes make direct contact with the steely gaze from none other than Tom Riddle. My heartbeat picks up and my body freezes for a moment as we stare into each other's eyes from across the table.

That's it, that's where the feeling was coming from. Has he been watching me this whole time?! I nearly choke on my saliva when Abraxas taps my shoulder. Jumping pretty badly Abraxas chuckles lightly for a moment before asking his question for what is apparently the second time. "Welcome back, (N/N), where were you?" A nervous chuckle falls from my lips as I sigh softly.

"Sorry, I guess that weird feeling really got to me. I should be fine now, you're right, it was nothing." Upon the final word leaving my lips I can see Riddle's face contort for a second out of the corner of my eye. I was right, he can hear us. With us being at the end of the table closest to the teachers and Riddle being on the complete opposite side, I wasn't sure at first. Sure am now. I think to myself with a huff before finishing my food uncomfortable and nervous. I hate people watching me eat.

Like a blast to the face, the feeling suddenly came to a complete and sudden halt. Quickly looking away from Abraxas mid-sentence my head snaps to where Riddle had previously sat only to see him now gone. Shit. What now? Worried and cautious I stand up suddenly and apologize to Abraxas before leaving the table and making my way out of the Great Hall, only to have a hand grab my arm and harshly pull me aside.

Hissing slightly at the pain from the harsh grip on my wrist I try to pull away, only to be slammed against the wall.

"Just because of a working plan, huh?" Riddle begins, his body so close to me I can feel his warm breath against my face.

Nearly yelling back at him I continue trying to escape his grasp on my wrist. "What are you talking about?! let me go, you're hurting me!" Upon hearing my words he quickly loosens his grip, placing his hand against the wall beside my head instead, his right arm simply hanging by his side, fist clenched tightly.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." His voice is calm yet has an almost unbearable sting to it, causing my mind to go crazy. He's too close to me! Thinking hard about his words my eyes suddenly snap up to his.

"If somebody hadn't been giving me a freaky feeling this morning by staring at me maybe I wouldn't have had to! If you want to say something to me, say it! Cause all staring at me did was make me uncomfortable!" I freeze for a second, catching myself at the end of the snap, cursing myself slightly, but still holding my ground. If I don't get my point across he'll just do it again.

Knowing fully well that I have to keep talking I maintain eye contact with him and continue speaking. "What if next time I have someone dangerous watching me and I just ignore it thinking it's you, huh?" Although I have to stand my ground I know I have to plan out my words carefully.

Without saying anything his hand fell from the wall and Riddle took a step back from me. "Well?" I say, trying to get an answer from him.

"So you go around clinging onto any guy you see just because you feel a little uncomfortable?"

Oh god... I was right, wasn't I? With a plan popping into my head I try to curve my anxiety to the side and push forward.

"Abraxas is my friend, and I don't know about what your brain believes, but friends are allowed to hold hands. I'm sorry if you're a little jealous." Riddle's face contorts into a wave of slight anger before he quickly turns it into a teasing look.

"Jealous?" He begins, "You think I'm jealous?" A smirk begins to dance upon my lips, quite the facade for the truly scared person on the inside.

"Yes, actually. You show all the signs. Jealous of what though, I don't know. I don't believe you have a reason to be." I don't even know what I meant by saying that, but once I did he backs off a little further, just enough for me to be able to start to walk away. Before I turn the corner of the hallway I turn around and smile his way, this time softer and speak up once more.

"Don't worry, maybe one day we'll be good enough friends to hold hands as well."

And with that, I turn the corner and leave, immediately breaking off the facade that I held and quickly dash towards my first class of the day. Thank god I'll have Abraxas with me again.

Sorry, this is on the shorter side, this was supposed to only be the first half of it but I'm lending the computer to my dad unexpectedly, so this is what I can do for now. So, as promised although shorter, here's the next part of In a Past Time. I hope you liked it and expect another update really soon!