Into The Storm

"(L/N)," for some reason my body freezes up at the sound of him saying my name and I wince ever so slightly. "I would like for you to become my friend."

I'm shocked to say the least, but I know better, despite my heart fluttering slightly.

"Friend? Now, now, Riddle," I start, Riddles right eyebrow raising moderately in response. "That hurts." I smirk at him cheekily as I gently place my hands over my heart, my smirk turning into a small pout. "Seriously, you can't just ask a lady to be your Lackey like that!"

"Lackey?" Tom asks, pretending to be taken aback. "I believe I asked you to be my friend!"

"Riddle. I know you well enough to understand a few things that I should do and not do around you."

"Oh? And what are those?"

"Don't trust you, don't become a fake friend - that leads to being a lackey, don't fall for any of your charms, don't piss you off, don't fall for you, don't get close to you, don't-"

Riddle cuts me off abruptly.

"Don't, don't, don't. You said there were also some things to do."

He allows a small smirk to form on his perfect lips.

Wait, (Y/N), don't think that. Perfect? Come on!

"Yeah, there is, just a couple." I try my hardest to not spit out my words. "Do stay away, do leave him alone, do-"

"Those are basically all don'ts as well!" Riddles smirk disappears. "Give me something good," my eyebrows furrow and my head moves back slightly. "Compliment me."

You could tell, just by the tone in his voice - that wasn't a request, that, that was an order.

"How many?"

"As many as you can."

"And if there aren't any?"

He smirked playfully, perfectly well knowing that I had at least one.

"Oh (L/N), don't lie to me. I know that you have at least a couple."

Damn narcissist!

And without thinking, the many compliments that I so badly wish to tell him, almost blurted out.

"Fine! Your messy, fluffy, dark chestnut hair is incredible. Your smile could light up a room if it was genuine! Your pale skin is perfect in every single damn way possible and your lips are just outright perfect! Your eyes! Oh boy, don't get me started on those!" I throw my head backwards slightly towards the side, attempting to break my current eye contact with him, not wanting to look at him any longer. I just can't stop myself from spewing every word that I want to cry out to him. "Their beautiful chocolate brown eyes that sparkle when you learn and talk about the dark arts, well, anything your passionate about really."

A soft sigh manages to escape my lips. "You're charming, brilliant, outstanding and goddamn if you were actually a warmhearted person, somebody who was actually as kind as you try so damn hard to display, then I might just-"

I glance back at him, I guess he thought that I despise him or something, because I just got to see another of Riddles many real emotions. Shock. His eyes have gone wide and his eyebrows have raised. His playful smirk had disappeared and the moment, I guess, I realized that I have stopped talking, a stepped forward, trying to wipe off the shock on his face. He failed miserably, I guess that's how bad I've surprised him.

"You might just what?"

He was clearly intrigued.

"Nothing, Riddle, nothing."