What is He to Me?

I stare at my hand for what seems like the millionth time that week. What an unusual man... I think to myself, deep in memory of what had occurred just yesterday, and not paying attention to my surroundings as I was walking. Suddenly feel a blunt force as I smash directly into another person, my eyes shutting tight. I stumble, my right hand being quickly snagged, whilst I felt another hand snake around my waist. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I should have watched where I was-" Opening my eyes, I find myself face to face with Malfoy. "Oh, it's just you." His face twitched slightly, almost appearing hurt. Upon realizing the position that we are in I can feel a faint blush slowly appear across my cheeks. "Could you maybe let me go?" I ask him, trying to compose myself. Even if I don't have feelings for him, it's still embarrassing... 

"Right, of course." Malfoy agrees, also slightly shocked at his actions as he finishes helping me up from my position. "You should probably watch where you are going." He tells me in a tone that almost sounds like an order. "And yet you, who apparently were watching out, didn't move?" I tease, questioning him with a smirk. "Oh shut up (L/N)." Malfoy responds as he playfully punches me in the arm. "Hey, (L/N), I was wondering-"

"you were wondering?! Is that even possible?!" I ask, pretending to be shocked, giggling a little afterwards. Malfoy sighs, but continues his thought. "I was thinking that maybe you and I could hang out sometime?" My pretend shock dissipates and is replaced by its genuine counterpart. "What?" I ask him, almost deadpan. "I mean, you seem like you need friends. You haven't got any, have you?" I sigh, knowing that he may be right, but suddenly, I remembered. "Do I? because actually, I have one." I tell him matter-of-fact like. "Oh really," He starts, clearly disbelieving. "Yes, it's Tom Riddle. Know of him?" I ask, raising my right eyebrow. "Yeah, sure. You, (Y/n) (L/N), are friends with Tom Riddle, the Tom Riddle?" 

"Yes, ask him if you don't believe me." I tell him, wanting to leave this conversation. "Well sure," This dude just doesn't want to believe me, does he?  "You have Riddle, but that's only one friend. If you don't take this offer now, then you don't get another chance." Malfoy tells me, appearing almost hurt, as if he actually wants to be friends. "Fine." I state, "But only because you're the one who needs an actual friend." Although he doesn't smile, his eyes light up like a child on Christmas. "Good. Meet me at the library doors tomorrow at noon." 

"Really? But that's our break day..." I whine, acquiring a small chuckle from Malfoy. "Exactly, this way we don't have to worry about classes." I sigh, inwardly cursing myself for taking pity on him. "Alright, fine. Tomorrow at noon, the library." I repeat back to him before starting to walk away and without looking back, tell him a simple "See you tomorrow." Smiling to myself, I continue to walk down the halls to my final class of the day, Herbology. 

Sitting at my usual spot, sadly next to Malfoys, whom I'm surprised didn't follow me. Why isn't he here?  Asking myself as I fill with curiosity, staring at his empty seat. "My partner isn't here, it only makes sense." A smooth voice echoes in my ears from behind me as footsteps almost follow the words, delicate and light. "Riddle." I state before even having to see him. He sits down beside me. One look in his direction confirms my thoughts. "Of course, who else?" He asks smoothly, a charming smirk upon his lips. "And please, we're friends now, call me Tom." I think slightly, contemplating his words before coming to a conclusion. "Slow down there, Riddle." I say, locking eyes with him. "I'll call you Tom when I want to, for now, it's Riddle." A minuscule snarl crosses the corner of his lips before disappearing almost as soon as it had appeared. "Very well." He tells me, clearly annoyed with my choice. I sigh way too much. I think to myself as I sigh once again, turning towards Professor Sprout.

About halfway through the class I feel a soft poke on my arm, looking down I see a small piece of paper. "Meet me here at this time tomorrow." was written across it. I look up at Riddle, his face as stoic as always, his head still facing the front of the class. Under the first few words I read "Library, 11:30" I know I shouldn't since I've already made plans with Malfoy, so I nod it off and write on the back, passing it over to Riddle. "Sorry, I have plans at noon tomorrow." I send an apologetic look towards Riddle, not actually sorry. After Riddle and I make eye contact for a couple of seconds he looks back to the front. From then on class continues as boring as ever.