Double-Sided Sticky Tape

"God, you better love me because that was terrifying!"

With a huff, I sit down next to Abraxas.

"What was?"

Sighing heavily, I lean my head on his shoulder lazily, his long hair against my cheek.

"Riddle again..."

"If you don't like him, then why are you trying to be his friend?"

"Because we made a deal," I state, looking up at him, not minding the few stares we were getting. "It's not going to be too much longer until I'm officially free from his slimy grasp, though."

Abraxas lets out a soft chuckle before gently shoving my head off of his shoulder.

"Slimy? Of all the words you could use, you choose that?" Another laugh flows out of Abraxas. "He is supposed to be the greatest wizard in the school."

"Yeah, right," Laughing along with Abraxas, I shake my head slightly. With just our light banter, I already feel better. Pulling out the worst impression I could have ever made of Riddle, I make a strange face slightly resembling his fake charm. "Oh, look at me! The handsome a brilliant wizard! I stare at myself in the mirror and brood to myself in the hallways. Woah is me, for I have no real friends!"

Upon Abraxas hearing my mimicking slander, he bursts out into louder laughs, causing many eyes to turn to us.

Abraxas opens his mouth to speak but suddenly gets interrupted by Professor Merrythought speaking up.

"Alright everybody, time to get started then!"

Looking around the room, I zone out slightly as I realize that Riddle still hasn't arrived.

Finally dismissed from our third period, Abraxas and I stand up from our seats. Students pool in the hallways, flowing out from their classrooms. After making sure we have all of our belongings, we leave as well.

"Imagine this," Abraxas starts as we wander towards the Great Hall for lunch. "Riddle, but he's been pranked with the toe-nail growing hex."

"Ew! Abraxas! That's gross on anybody. You saw what that looked like!"

Throwing a soft punch at Abraxas' arm, we both laugh.

"That's why it's funny! He'd hate it and everyone would laugh!"

Just as Abraxas and I reach for some mouth watering food from the table a voice sounds from behind us. Chills running down my spine, I attempt to compose myself quickly and unnoticeably.

"(L/N)."

Upon hearing the fearful sound, I turn around, Abraxas following suit, and look up at the partially shadowed figure.

"Riddle."

Abraxas coldly states, standing up with disgust. Following suit, I stand up, instinctively standing more behind than beside him. Until now Riddle had at least been on better behaviour with me, trying to be kind and charming. It was as though he wished for nothing more than to fool me and keep me under his spell. Although I can clearly hear the two boys speaking with each other with an audible distaste for the other, they seem like nothing but static to my ears. I need to say something! Anything! I have to fix this, it's getting out of hand. With how loud my brain was, panic coursing through my veins, it was hard to focus on any single thought. I can't just let Abraxas speak for me like this. It's fairly obvious to those closest to the heat that with every word that exits Abraxas's lips Riddle lost more of his calm composure.