0.5

1995

Melanie sat on the bar stool that sat far from the stage as the boys started finishing up. She was there for moral support, neither more or less. She sang, but not with the boys, she only sang for herself. She did help Luke write the songs, that was most definitely her favorite part to do when it came to being involved with the band. Other than that, she was there because her big brother Reggie. She didn't like spending time at home when her parents argued. And Reggie didn't like for her to be there alone either. So the best thing they decided on was for her to come along.

During the journey of spending everyday with only boys, she's been so used to being called dude, bro, boys, etc. any name a boy would call his friends. She also picked up on learning electric guitar and the bass. She was hoping to take lessons on the drums by Alex pretty soon. But all she could to is admire her brother and his friends.

"Whoo! Excellent!" Melanie looked back to see a girl wiping the tables down. Melanie smiled knowing that the music moved the girl, she obviously wouldn't have cheered them on if it didn't.

"Sounds great guys!" The stage manager called. "Whoo!" The girl cheered again and clapped. "Yeah!" She continued and all Melanie could think about is how happy the boys must have felt just for getting cheered on by people other than her. "Thank you, we're Sunset Curve!" Reggie said into the mic and winked at the girl. Melanie rolled her eyes at her brother as she walked over to the girl.

"Thanks" Melanie said and the girl smiled. "For what?" She asked. "For cheering on my brother and best friends on, they really needed someone else other than me to do that.." Melanie said and the girl laughed. "Of course, they're great" Melanie had noticed the girls accent. "I'm Rose, by the way" She spoke up again. "Oh, sorry..I'm Melanie" she said and shook the girls hand.

"Hey, Bobby, where you going?" Melanie and Rose heard, Melanie turned to see her brother and friends heading over to the two girls. "I'm good" Bobby said and stood next to Melanie as he introduced himself.

"Vegetarian. I could never hurt an animal" Bobby spoke and Melanie scoffed. She then got pushed aside slightly by Luke who rested his arm on Bobby's shoulder.

"You guys are really good" Rose said "thank you" Luke spoke up. "I see a lot of bands, been in a couple myself. I was really feeling it" she said. "That's what we do this for. I'm Luke by the way" Luke introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Reggie." The boy said. "Alex.." He said calmly. "Bobby" the boy said, his voice being way more deeper than Melanie could remember. "Nice meeting you guys..I'm Rose" Rose said and they got quiet but Reggie quickly spoke up. "Oh uh..here's our demo. And a T-shirt. Size beautiful" Reggie said and handed her the demo and shirt. She lifted the shirt up to her body revealing that it was obviously too big for her.

"Thanks. I'll make sure not to wipe the tables down with this one" she said as she threw the shirt over her shoulder. "Oh, good call, whenever they get wet, they just kinda fall apart in your hands" Alex said. "Don't you guys have to go get hotdogs?" Bobby said trying to make the boys go away. They were already embarrassing him enough in front of a girl he showed interest in.

"Yeah, he had a hamburger for lunch" Luke said and they started to walk away. Melanie furrowed her eyebrows when Alex grabbed her hand. "Where are we going?" She asked and she went along with the boys. "To get hotdogs, we're you not listening?" Alex asked and she laughed. "Apparently not" she said and she stood behind the boys as they grabbed their bags and put on their hoodies.

They then walked out of the Orpheum. Melanie trailed behind the boys as they talked. All she could do was listen. She wanted them to have their shine. She didn't want to get in the way of the boys.

She sighed as she watch Luke wrap his arms around her brother and best friend. She smiled at the boy. She wished that he saw her more than just Reggie's little sister. He never excluded her, but in included her too much. He called her bro, dude, etc. she didn't complain because at least her crush was actually talking to her. But she just wished he called her Melanie.

"Mel, come on" Alex said as he wrapped her arms around her shoulder as they walked. "You okay?" He whispered to her and she nodded. "You seem off, Mel, tell me the truth" Alex said. Melanie an Alex were close, they were best friends. So he knew when she was upset. "Nothing, I'm proud of you guys..really-" she was cut off by the sound of girl yelling.

"Oh my god. Reggie!" "Oh my god! Hi, it's me!" The girls yelled as Reggie ran back up to the boys and Melanie. They then made their way to the hotdog stop and begin making their hotdogs.

"Man...I can't wait until we eat someplace where the condiments aren't served out if the back of an Oldsmobile" Alex said. "Honestly, because this isn't the best tasting" Melanie agreed with the boy.

"Sorry, I got some pickle juice on your battery cables" Alex apologized. "No problem. It'll help with the rust" the man replied. "That can't...okay..what?" Alex asked as he turned to look a Melanie and she shrugged. They sat down on the couch while Melanie sat on the chair, next to Alex.

"This is awesome, you guys. We're playing the Orpheum..I cant even count how many bands have played here and then ended up being huge. We're gonna be legends. Eat up boys. Cause after tonight..everything changes" Luke said and Melanie sighed.

Boys? I'm literally a girl.

She mentally rolled her eyes and but into her hotdog, instantly cringing at the taste. "That's a new flavor" Alex said and they all looked at the boy. "Chill man, street dogs haven't killed us yet." Reggie said

And this is where their new life began.

Not edited