14

"Ladies, let's show our guests how we do desert. 1, 2, 3, 4!" Caleb said and the ladies started to play music.

The boys all danced in amazement. Caleb was doing his scat singing leaving Melanie taken aback, he was amazing. He sounded amazing. The crowd started joining along with the man as they all got hyped.

"Bop! Bop!"

"Hey!"

"Bop! Bop!"

"Hey!" They all sung as Melanie looked around smiling at all the colors, people smiling back at her. Her stomach still felt uneasy, even after the food. She thought that earring was going to fix the problem, but it didn't.

"Watch me make a move! Watch me make a move! Yeaaa!" Caleb sang. "Whatchu gonna do? Whatchu gonna do?" The crowd sang back, including the boys. Melanie looked at the smile on her brothers face and her face softened.

"I say, watch me make a move, watch me make a move, ohhh" Caleb sang. "Whatchu gonna do? Whatchu gonna do?" The crowd responded again. The call in response continued as everyone bounced around happily. Melanie just smiled lightly as her arms wrapped around her stomach as she watched everything go down.

So Willie got up and started dancing with the crowd. The girls eyes widened, he was amazing at dancing. The boys cheered Willie on as he finished up and a bunch of dancers came to their side, pulling them up. One girl in pinks spun around the boys as they looked at the girl on awe. Melanie stood behind the boys, her eyes widening as she watch the girl dance in front of her brother and she caressed his face making him fall back and Luke gladly caught him, Alex also pulling him up.

Two girls then came in front of Luke and Reggie and pulled the two boys away as they began to dance. Melanie watch as Caleb and Alex exchanged a few words until he called to boys over and the pulled Alex away.

As Melanie was to busy looking around for her brother she then felt someone near her. She looked straight ahead of her and nearly flinched at the sight. There stood Caleb, with a smile.

"Now you can't be the only one who's not dancing or enjoying any of this" he said and she shook her head. "Oh-I don't uh...but I am enjoying it here.." she said awkwardly as she looked around and her eyes landed on Luke dancing with a girl and her stomach dropped, she quickly looked away and crossed her arms.
"Ahh, I see" Caleb smirked. "What?" Melanie asked and he smiled. "Miles!" Caleb yelled and a boy appeared next to Caleb. Brown shaggy hair, and perfect green eyes. Melanie eyes widened as the boy smiled at her.

She smiled back and let the boy grab her hand. He then pulled her on the dance floor. "I don't dance very well" she said over the music and he smiled. "Then I'll teach you" he spoke and she smiled back at the boy.

The two started dancing along to the music, his  hand on the girls waist as he guided her along "You're great at dancing" he said and she laughed. "You don't have to say that" she said. "I'm not just saying that" he said as he picked her up and spun her, she wrapped her arms around his neck as she laughed as she was played down.

She felt eyes on her so she looked around to see Luke staring at her, she smiled at him, letting him know that she was opening up. He didnt smile back which made her upset. "Hey, you okay?" Miles asked, seeing that the girl had gotten upset. "I'm fine" she said as Caleb began to talk. "Are you sure? You can always tell me anything...I know the afterlife is scary, but I promise you'll get used to it" he said and she smiled. The crowd cheered making Melanie look around.

"It's haunting hour" the boy said and she furrowed her eyebrows. "Meaning its time to party harder, the party is just getting started" he said and she smiled. Before the girl could reply she felt a hand grab her arm. "Sorry to interrupt, we gotta go..now" Luke said and the girl was pulled behind him. Melanie's head snapped towards the clock, she grew angry and upset with herself.

12:03am

How? How did that even happen, it feels like it's only been an hour.

She thought to herself as they got stopped by Caleb by the exit.

"Melanie, Gentlemen, what's the rush?" He asked "the party's just getting started, and you have an eternity, after all" he added. "You know that girl that can see us? We sort of bailed on her. See there's this dance at her school, and her friend Flynn is a super cool DJ, like-" Reggie started to explain but Alex cut him off. "I don't think he has an eternity to hear the story" Alex said to Reggie. "He doesn't" Melanie said and Reggie glared at his little sister. "Basically we're late for a gig" Luke said. "But what about my offer?" Caleb asked. "It's very cool of you, Mr. Covington, but, like o said, we already have a-" Caleb cut Luke off. "Band of your own. I understand" he said and the boys all smiled at him.

They all started to walked forward. But of course, they were stopped again. "Oh, boys...if you ever wanna come back and fix that little problem with your friend, the Hollywood Ghost Club is always open." Caleb said. "Yeah, man, we'd love to come back." Luke said with a nod. "Music to me ears!" Caleb said as he shook their hands. They all felt a burning sensation on their wrist making them look down to see the Hollywood Ghost Club logo. Melanie was confused to why she had one doubled over the first. Her stamp looked darker now.

"Oh, it's just a little club stamp" he said. "Cool" Reggie said. "T-thanks...I guess" Melanie said. "Until next time" Caleb said and they smiled at the man.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Melanie was on the verge of tears after she watched Julie run out of the gym. She looked back at the boys to see them still looking at the door.

"I shouldn't have listened to either of you...you guys talked me into staying at that creepy ghost club while I begged you guys so we can leave. I let you guys stay and I begged you guys so we can at least leave on time. I was in the wrong too, I wasn't checking the time as much as I should have been...but you all lied to me, you all promised me that we were gonna leave on time and we didn't.." Melanie started as tears fell from her eyes. "Mel-" she cut Alex off. "No-you don't understand Alex, I lost my chance to get a girl best friend, someone who will actually understand for once. Someone who's not a boy. You ruined it..I ruined it" she said as she wiped her tears. Before anyone can reply they all felt a jolt at their chest.

"What was that?" Alex asked "it felt like we were dying all over again" Reggie said. "How can we die if we're already dead?" Luke asked. They looked back a Melanie to see her also holding her chest. She quickly poofed out. The boys soon felt relief, it was like the jolt had never happened. After a while Luke began to speak.

"I messed this all up" Luke said as his eyes stayed on the spot where Melanie poofed out from, making Alex shake his head. "No you didn't" Alex said. "I did..I promised Melanie that we'd leave on time..and we didn't...I even promised Julie the same thing and now they're both mad at me" Luke said. "Dude, they're mad at all three of us...Mel's even mad at herself. She does this thing where she pinches her hand when she's mad at herself and she was doing it while she was yelling at us.." Reggie said and they just looked at the boy.

"We have to make this right...and figure out what just happened" Alex said making Luke and Reggie nod.

Not edited