5

"Where is my sister. I am this close to calling ghost 911" Reggie panicked as he sat on the couch with his knee bouncing. "You know-maybe she'a taking a break" Alex said, trying to stay calm. "From what?" Luke asked. "Uhh, dying" Alex suggested. "Do you know where she is? You seem the least stress..which is not right" Luke asked Alex. "No! I'm trying to hold it together" Alex raised his voice. "What if she got ghost kidnapped" Reggie eyes watered. "Don't say that!" Luke said. As she nervously fixed the beanie on his head. "It's been a day okay! After we left the studio she wasn't seen all day!" Alex said.

"Maybe she's mad at us for leaving so she wanted play back" Reggie said as he wiped the tears that fell. "Guys" their heads snapped over to the girls voice. "Melanie!" Alex called as he quickly ran over to the girl pulling her into a hug. "Where have you been! It's been a day!" Reggie said as he pulled her into a hug. "I-I went to the Orpheum, met this guy, then I needed up falling asleep on the stage" she said and after Reggie pulled her into a hug Luke pulled her into a tight hug. "You met a guy?" Alex asked and her face grew red as she left Luke arms around her waist.

"Not like that! He was older, like he could have been my dad older" she said and Luke pulled away from the hug. "You scared us" Luke said as he looked into her eyes. "I'm sorry, you guys just left me" she said. "And we didn't mean to, Julie's dad was getting emotional and we couldn't take it so we left" Luke said and she smiled and nodded. "But we won't forget you now" Reggie started, both Luke and Melanie snapping out of looking in each other's eyes.

"We're going to see Julie perform" Alex said. "Wait-what?" Melanie asked shocked. "You missed a lot" Reggie said and the boys nodded. "Okay, well at least Julie's doing something great.." Melanie said with a smile. "We should go now" Luke said and they nodded and they all poofed out to see 5 girls in bright glitter colors dancing to music on the basketball court.

"What are you guys doing here?" Julie asked. "We came to see you stick it to the man..isn't that right boys?" Luke said and Alex hit his arm. "And Melanie" Luke added. Melanie smiled at him with a nod. "Man I miss high school" Reggie said as he looked at the girls. "They look like sparkling highlights, I love it" Melanie said and Julie sent her a worried glance and glared making her clear her throat. "I hate it, it's not cute at all-what so ever" Melanie said and looked back at the girls.

After a few second they begin to do a dance that Alex started doing, Melanie laughed as she joined the boy. Luke held onto their shoulders telling them to cut it out. They saw Julie's worried face again. Melanie quickly hiding behind Alex as she crossed her arms and began to glare at the girls on the court. After a few minutes the crowd cheered as the girls posed indicating that they were done. The teachers then said begin to announce things.

"What're waiting for? This is your time" Reggie said as he pointed towards the stage. "Yeah. I mean, you look really nervous. Like yack in a bowl nervous" Alex said. "That doesn't help" Melanie said. "I just don't think I had enough time to work on the song" Julie said "I wouldn't have given you the song if I didn't think you were gonna rock it. There's a piano on that stage with your name on it" Luke said she then started running towards the staircase that led to the stage. "Go Bobcats!" The teacher ended the announcements and the crowd cheered as they all got up and started to leave.

The boys and Melanie watched as Julie sat on the stool and taking a deep breath before playing one key and she stopped. "You got this" Luke said and she started to play.

Sometimes I think I'm falling down
I wanna cry, I'm callin' out
For one more try to feel alive

Melanie's heart dropped. It was the song she wrote with Luke. Bright. That was a personal song between the two of them. She her eyes watered at she watched Julie. Before she knew it Alex, Reggie, and Luke were all on stage playing with her.

And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together
Bright forever

Just seeing them perform made her happy but hearing the words that she took her time to write with Luke made her upset just knowing that he gave up their song so easily and without even asking her, she get that she wasn't there, but it just hurt. Luke and Melanie had a moment when writing the song. You could tell by the lyrics. But obviously it didn't mean as much as it did to Melanie. She wiped the tears that formed in her eyes as Luke begin to sing. Melanie was behind the crowd, now watching from far behind.

She didn't even have a reaction to the people being able to see the boys. All she could think of was how much of a loser she felt like. She's had a crush on this not since she was 14, for two years. And nothing had changed between the two. No matter if they had a little moment.

She watched as Luke and Julie shared the mic making her heart drop. It was obvious, she was never going to be able to do the same. She was just a friend, a friend's sister, and a song writer to him. She had to admit, Julie had an amazing voice, but she just couldn't help that she was upset about everything.

As the song ended she poofed out of the gym. She wanted to scream at herself. All she did was run away from her problems. She never tried to correct or fix them.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The boys then poofed back into the studio to see Melanie on the couch cuddled up with her arms wrapped around her knees.

"Mel, you gotta stop running off like that, you're giving Reggie heart attacks" Alex said and she looked up at Alex. "Woah..what's wrong?" Reggie asked as he saw her red puffy eyes. "Nothing..I'm fine. I just needed time alone" she said. "Well it looks like you spent enough alone" Alex said as he walked over to the girl and hugged her. "Thanks, I really love you" she said with a laugh. "I love you too, Mel" Alex said. "Melanie what's wrong? You just don't cry for any reason" Luke asked and she glared at him. He held his hands up in defense. "It seems like she hates you right now, bro" Reggie said. "It's because she does..come on, Reg. Let's give them time to talk" Alex said and Reggie nodded. "but I don't want to talk to.." Melanie was cut off as both of the boys poofed out. "...him" she finished awkwardly and Luke furrowed his brows.

"What did I do? Why are you mad a me?" He asked and she sighed as she looked over at the piano. "Mel, you can't ignore me forever" Luke said as she sat next to her on the couch. "So now I'm 'Mel'?" She asked and Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?" He asked "I'm tired of being called dude or bro. I'm a girl if you haven't noticed, Lucas" she said. "I know, Alex talked to me about that. And I'm truly sorry. But I know that's not why you're mad..you wouldn't cry over that" he said and she sighed as she looked down at her fingers.

"You gave Julie bright without my permission. That song was personal to me and you just gave it up. I know I wasn't there to be asked if I was okay with it..it just hurts, Luke" Melanie said and Luke eyes softened. "I-I am so so sorry, Mel. I was just so in the moment I didn't even think about asking for your permission" he said.

The moment. They already had a moment.

She thought, but quickly shook it off. "It's fine, I'm just overreacting like I always do" she said with a shrug. "And you have a right to overreact, it was rude of me to do that. I'm sorry, Melanie" he said and she smiled softly. "It's fine. I guess this helped you overcome your fear of girls crying.." she said and he laughed making her smile. Seeing his smile just made her change. "It definitely didn't..but I'd let you cry on my shoulder anytime" he said and her heart fluttered. "Thanks.." she said as with a smile and he smiled back as he reached up to her face and wiped her tear that fell down her face.

She blushed lightly and smiled at her hands.

Not edited