1

Melanie panicked as she called for her brother. "Reggie!? Where are you!?" She asked. "Mel! Mel! I'm over here with Alex and Luke!" He said. "It's dark..I cant see you!" She called. "Follow my voice!" Reggie asked and reached both her hands out, trying to feel around for the boy. "Mel!" Reggie continued to call out her name so she can follow the sound of his voice.

"I'm over here!" Reggie then felt the presence of his little sister hugging him tightly. "It's so dark...it's scary" she whispered into his shoulder. "Are you okay?" Reggie asked and she nodded, then remembering she couldn't be seen she spoke up. "Y-yeah, I'm fine" she said. She then let go of the boy and begin to feel around as she sat down. "Who is this..what is this?" She asked. "It's me..Luke" the boy spoke up as her hands wandered up from his shoulder to his hair. "Oh, sorry" she pulled away from the boy and heard sniffling.

It was too familiar. She gasped slightly as she felt her way over to the boy. "Alex.." she said as she heard him sniffling. She quickly pulled him into a hug, honestly needing one from him. They always gave each other long hugs when it looked like they needed one. And now they were trapped in some dark place, they couldn't see each other, but they could hear each other. And the only thing they could do was hug, sing, and talk.

After a while, their eyes had adjusted slightly to the darkness and they could see one another's outline. And they were quietly talking while Alex and Melanie cuddled into each other as they talked. "Shhhh-do you guys hear that?" Luke asked. "What?" Reggie asked. "Now or Never...it's playing right now" Luke said and they went silent hearing Now or Never be played. "Where is that coming fr-" Melanie was cut off but them falling, the more they fell the brighter it got.

Their bodies then hit the ground making them groan in pain. They gasped in air as they slowly stood up. "Whoa!" Luke panted "how did we get back here?" Luke asked.

"Ahhhhhhh" they turned their heads to see a girl with two braids and glasses yelling at the sight of them. They all begin to scream as the grabbed onto each other. The girl ran out of the studio making Melanie reach her hand over her heart. "And who was she?" Melanie asked an Reggie simple shrugged. Luke then walked over to the piano and begin to look at the papers that sat on top of it.

"Okay, obviously somethings wrong..we fell from complete darkness...and ended up at the studio?" Melanie asked and Alex just shrugged at the girl. "I have no idea what happened" he said and Melanie looked at Reggie to see the boy looking around, just as confused as her. "How are you acting like this is normal?" She asked Luke as he just looked at the paper. Before the boy can even answer the girl had walked back into the studio, holding a cross.

"Are you still here?" The girl asked and Melanie was genuinely confused. "Where still here..why can't she see us?" Melanie whispered to Reggie and all he could to was shrug, Melanie shut her mouth knowing that the boys were just as clueless as she was.

"Whatever you are..I know I saw something. I'm not crazy" she said and Melanie was taken by surprise when she ended being in front of the girl with an blink of an eye.

"Well, we're all a little crazy" Luke said. "Ahhhhhh" the girl yelled as she held the cross up to the boys and Melanie. "Oh god! Please stop screaming" Alex said and the girl went quiet. "Who are you? And what are you doing in my moms studio?" The girl asked taking them back by surprise. "You're moms studio? This is our studio" Luke said as he walked towards the girl and she shoved the cross close to him but he held his hands up in defense as he walked around her.

"Trust me..the gran piano is new" Luke explain while sliding across the piano. "And-and-and- my couch!" Luke said happily as he plopped down onto the couch and his eyes landed on an unfamiliar instrument. "That is definitely not my six string" he said referring to the guitar that was stood up neatly against the wall. Luke then look around at the studio. "Can you give me just one second?" Luke asked as he walked past, still earning the cross to be push towards him. "-just give me a second..thank you..guys" Luke said as he walked back over to Reggie, Melanie, and Alex and they all gathered together.

"What is goin on? How'd she get her stuff in here so fast?" Luke asked "maybe-maybe...she's a witch. There's chairs floating on the ceiling" Reggie said and Melanie sighed as she crossed her arms. "Okay, there is no such thing as witches" Alex said. "You sure? I used to think there was no such thing as ghosts" Reggie said. "That's fair" Melanie and Alex said in unison. "Okay, so we're going with witch?" Luke asked.

"No! We are not going with witch. She's not a witch. Okay, look. She's just scared. Okay? Let someone..with a softer touch handle this" Alex said and Melanie raised her eyebrow. Alex walked up to the girl. "Why are you in our studio?" Alex asked harshly. "Pretty soft touch" Melanie said. The girl then tried pushing the cross towards the boy but it went through his chest.

"Oh my gosh! How did you do that?" She asked. "Clearly, you're not understanding...she doesn't get it" Alex said as he turned back to his friends then turned back to the girl. "Okay, look. We're ghost. We're just three ghosts, and we're really happy to be home. So, thank you for the flowers, they really brighten up the room" Alex said and Luke stepped forward.

"We're actually in a band called Sunset Curve" Luke said and Reggie then stepped up. "tell your friends" he said "last night was supposed to be a really big night for us..it was going to change our lives" Luke said. "Im uh...I'm pretty sure it did" Alex said. "A big big change" Melanie added as she squeezed in between her brother and Alex.

"This is freaking me out" the girl said as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. They were left confused at the sight. "What is that? What are you doing?" Luke asked. "It's my phone-nope! Stop talking to them, they aren't real. There is no such things as cute ghost" she said. "Oh, think we're cute?" Reggie asked flattered and Melanie sighed with her eyes close. "Not the time, Reg"  she said. "Who ya calling?" Alex leaned forward just a little and asked the girl.

"I'm googling Sunset Swerve" she said. "Sunset Curve!" The four said in unison. And the girl looked back towards her phone. "Whoa. There is a Sunset Curve. You did die..but not last night...25 years ago?" she said and Melanie was taken aback. "What? No. No, no, no" Reggie said "th-th-that's impossible" Melanie said. "After we floated out of the ambulance, all we did was go to that weird dark room where we lost Melanie and Alex cried" Reggie said

"Well..I don't think...I think we were all pretty upset. Okay" Alex said in a high pitched voice. If this conversation wasn't scary and serious Melanie would've definitely laughed at her best friend. "But that was just for like an hour. We just showed up here" Luke said. "Look. I'm just telling you what my phone says. See? You died in 1995, when you were 17..and 16" The girl explained and looked at Melanie. "It's now 2020" she said and Melanie eyes watered. "So, this is the future?" Reggie asked.

"Wait so it has been 25 years? I have been crying for 25 years!? How is that possible?!" Alex asked. "Well, you're a very emotional person" Reggie said. "I am not!" Alex said.

"Thought you were afraid to come out here" A little boy soon walked into the studio. "You talking to you ghost friend? How does he look? Is he hideous?" The little boy asked as he crossed his arms. Alex laughed lightly at what the boy said and turned to Reggie. "He can see you" Alex joked. "No, he can't" The girl said making the little boy look around confused.

"What?" He asked. "Uh..what do you want?" She asked. "A normal sister, for starters. Stop being weird and come eat" the boy said as he walked out of the studio. "He couldn't see you" the girl said. "Yeah..I mean, that's usually how ghost work" Alex said. "Look, I'm very sorry for what happened to you guys, but this isn't your studio anymore..you have to leave" the girl said and she started to exit the studio until Luke stopped her.

"But wait, we...we didn't get your name" Luke said. "It's Julie" she said a little harshly. "Cool..I-I'm Luke by..by the way" he said as he tried to shake her hand but she held the cross towards him. "-and this is—" Reggie cut him off, introducing himself. "Reggie. I'm Reggie, hey" Reggie said. "And.." Luke continued. "Alex. How's it going?" Alex said "and.." Luke kept going. "Melanie.." the girl said awkwardly. She didn't understand why they were treating being dead so normally, but she decided to follow along.

"Ba-da" Luke said softly. "Okay?" The girl said and walked out. "Julie seems nice" Reggie said. "Did you miss the part where she kicked us out, or.." Alex said and Reggie sat there for a second. "Yea..okay" Alex said. "Did you miss the part where we are made of air? Does staying in a studio really matter? We can go anywhere we want and wouldn't anyone see us" Melanie said. "Well if they're like Julie then they will see us" Reggie said and the got quiet and the split there ways and started looking around the studio.

Not edited