9

Luke leaned on the piano as Melanie sat next to her brother, on top of the piano while Reggie held the paper in his hand. "We're playing a school dance? Sweet!" Reggie said "it's not exactly the Strip" Luke said "and you're not exactly alive" Melanie said. "So you should be happy we our first gig" Reggie said and Melanie nodded. "I wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?" Julie asked as she watered the plants.

"Yeah. Yeah. We need to play wherever we can, whenever we can" Reggie said. "No, you're right. Let's rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs" Luke said. "And then record a single that gets a billion streams?" Julie asked as she rested both her hands on the piano, on the opposite side of her friends.

"I don't know what that is, but hopefully it gets us a manager and a tour" Luke said. "Then we release a bunch of hit albums" Julie said and Melanie eyes widened at the ideas her friends were coming up with. "Put out a country album that does surprisingly well" Reggie said an Melanie raised her eyebrows at her brother, Julie sending him a questioning look. "I shred on the banjo, so..." Reggie said and Melanie laughed lightly. "Then I'll learn how to fiddle" Julie said and fist bumped the boy. "And before you know it, we're being inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame" Luke said. "But one of us isn't there. Because we had a blowout in 2032. My money's on Alex..he's just so sensitive" Reggie said. "So what are we waiting for? Let's get rehearsing!" Luke said, getting hyped up.

"Uh...where is Alex?" Julie asked "we don't know, I'll take his place for now" Melanie joked and Julie smiled. "Do you actually know how to play?" She asked. "No, he hasn't taught me yet..I mean how hard can it be?" Melanie asked as she went over to the drum set and picked up the sticks. "Alex may kill me..even though I'm dead.." Melanie said and she started banging onto the drums, watching as her friends and brother closed their ears and she laughed.

She stopped and sighed. "That felt great..y'know? Jus getting out that ghost frustration" she said. Julie shook her head while laughing lightly. Luke walked up to Melanie taking the sticks from the girl. "Maybe..I should take these.." Luke said and handed them to Reggie. "Hey.." Melanie said and furrowed her eyebrows.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Julie, Reggie, And Luke practiced while Melanie sat watching. Julie had talked to the girl about being in the band. Melanie replied with a maybe, but still wasn't sure.

"One more time" Luke said as they continued their melody. "That sounded great" Melanie said before they could reply Alex walked through the door.

"Oh. Hey, Alex" Reggie said. "Where have you been? We need to start practicing" Luke said to the boy. "Yeah? For what?" Alex asked confused but slightly shocked. The studio door then opened revealing Flynn. "Dance news!" The girl said while posing. "I don't have a date, but I don't care because I'm so psyched to see you guys perform" Flynn said. "Oh man! We're playing at a dance?" Alex asked sounding disappointed. "Of course, Dude. That's how we get a following nowadays" Luke said. "Yeah, get with the program, Alex" Julie said "what! The guys are here?" Flynn asked. "And Melanie" Julie said. "Hey, guys! And Melanie!" Flynn said while waving to air. "Other way, sweetie" Julie said "oh.." Flynn said and waved at them. Melanie laughed as she waved back, knowing Flynn couldn't see her made it funnier to her. "Ok, well, now that Alex had graced us with his presence, can we start working?" Luke asked. "Yes! We're gonna rehearse. You wanna stick around?" Julie asked her best friend. "I'm supposed to blow up 500 balloons for the school dance, but this sounds way better" Flynn said.

"I like her" Melanie said with a nod making Luke shake his head and chuckle at the girls words.

"Hey, Julie. Remember those orbs in Dad's pictures?" The little boy came into the studio, walking through Alex. "I..I think they're ghosts" he said and Melanie sat up in her seat. "But don't worry. This room is..is..this room is clean. I'm not getting the ghost tinglies" he said. "Wrong again, little dude" Reggie said. "He's adorable" Melanie said. "Have no fear. If they come back, I will protect you, because I am the man of the house" he said. "Isn't Dad supposed to be the man of the house?" Julie asked while crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows. "There can be two" he said and Julie laughed softly.