20

Willie had explained to the boys and Melanie that Caleb was behind all of this. They now knew about the stamp that was causing all of this. Willie even told Melanie about how she was stamped twice which made the jolts worse. She couldn't even think of the man as the kind one she met long ago. She felt betrayed and embarrassed.

It was the next day and everyone was feeling down. Melanie went to the beach alone, Alex went to the Orpheum, Luke poofed out without telling anyone where he was going, and Reggie was with Ray.

As Melanie watched the kids run around she decided to do something she thought she'd never do. She had been alone for hours and her mind was running all over the place.

So she quickly poofed back to the studio and grabbed her journal and pen quickly. As she sat down she looked back up to notice like putting on his flanneled jacket. She didn't check the time so she didn't know how long she was gone.

But it was long enough for Luke to be heading out...well heading out again.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked as she stood up and walked over to the boy, grabbing the side of his face, seeing the sad look on his face. "Yeah, I'm just going to my parents" he said as he placed his hand on top of Melanie's. She nodded as she pulled him into a hug because they both needed one.

Luke returned the hug with no hesitation. "You got this, I'll be here when you come back, okay?" The girl said. They pulled away and Luke nodded. He then poofed out and the girl walked back to her journal and started writing.

I'm nervous. I'm going to try to find my parents new house. I have an idea of what to do, which is imagining my parents so I can poof to where they are. I do it with the boys and Julie and it works all the time. But I'm just nervous that if it does work I wouldn't know what to do. I know they won't see me but what if I get mad at them for being such oblivious parents. They fought everyday in front of me and Reg and didn't care about what it felt like for us to deal with it, or for us to hear them say such rude and disrespectful things about one another. And they way we felt when our dad wouldn't be home for the night and when he does come back he's on the couch. But I can also be emotional, I haven't seen them in so long, it's like I forgot that I even have parents. Even though I'm mad at them, I miss them.

She closed her book and took a deep breath. She put the image of her parents in her mind as she closed her eyes.

She squeezed her eyes shut tighter as she felt the tingling feeling. She was going to poof. And then she was in front of a house.

If her heart was still beating it would have dropped to her stomach. The house was a baby blue with white window frames. She didn't know if she was at the right place or not. But she was willing to check. She didn't know why she was so scared.

She knew they couldn't see her, but she was really nervous. So she walked up to the door and slowly walked through it. She walked into the living room while looking around.

It was quiet, even thought the house was full with furniture and pictures it still seemed empty. Melanie held her breath has she walked up to the fire place. Above the fire place was a picture of Melanie and Reggie when they were younger.

She was taken aback because this was the house. She made it. But she didn't feel the way she thought she would. She felt relieved.

Her eyes watered as she looked at the word placed at the bottom of the picture frame.

rest easy Reg and Mel.

Tears dropped from her eyes as she looked at the necklace that was the same as Reggie's, but hers was pink and rose gold. It was placed right in from of the picture, along with Reggie's other necklace her mom gifted the both of them. Reggie still had his other necklace around his neck when he died. Melanie didn't have hers. But she had found it once again.

She turned back quickly at the sound of foot steps to see her mom with a smile on her face. Her mom was completely different from when they left. The woman has aged, her hair was grey. Melanie covered her mouth as she looked at her mom.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Melanie poofed back to the studio to see Luke with red puffy eyes, Melanie then realized she told Luke that she'd be there for him when he came back. She felt bad because she wasn't.

"Luke...I'm so sorry." The girl spoke up and his head snapped up. "Did you find them?" Luke asked and she looked down at the boys hand to see her journal in his hand.

Luke was never good with staying out of the girl's personal space. She didn't mind at all because she knew that he'd keep it to himself. She did tell him almost everything anyway.

"Yeah, only my mom." She sniffled, the girl had looked the same as Luke. Her eyes were also red and puffy. "I didn't see my dad. Maybe they split, or maybe he was at work.." the girl said with her voice cracking. She didn't like thinking of the fact that her dad and mom split after they died. So she just told herself that he was hopefully just working.

"I'm sorry." Luke spoke and she went to sit next to him. She grabbed his hand with a shrug, now changing the subject. "What about you?" She asked and the boy smiled weakly. "I got closure. Julie happened to be at my house and she gave my mom my song. My parents know about Unsaid Emily now." The boy said and Melanie smiled weakly. "I'm glad." She said and Luke smile faded. "But I told Julie about the jolts and how we could possibly cross over..she wasn't too happy." Luke said and Melanie felt guilt hit her.

"We're not leaving her, we can't. We have to find a way." Melanie said and Luke nodded

Not edited

More Melanie this chapter.