4

"Dude, why'd you stop me? Julie needs a hug" Alex said. "Bro, a ghost hug isn't the feel good moment that you think it is. Alright, trust me. What Julie needs right now is privacy" Luke said. "You know what? I think you poofed us out because you can't handle when other people cry. I should know I cried in a room for 25 years and I didn't get a single hug from either of you-except for Mel.." Alex said and Melanie nodded. "Alright, bring it in" Reggie said as he went to hug him but Alex quickly put his hand up. "Don't touch me" Alex snapped.

"This is why no one hugs you" Reggie said and Melanie leaned over to her brother. "25 years too late, bud. Try next time" Melanie said and pat his shoulder. "Okay..so I think the first thing we should do once we get the courage to go in, is ask Julie why she lied about playing the piano" Luke said. "Yeah, you know. Maybe we can tell her how amazing she is" Alex said with a shrug. "Yeah, bro" Luke said. "Okay.." Alex said softly. "She's legit..I got ghost bumps" Reggie said.

Then a girl went walking past them, sniffling. Melanie touched her chest. "I guess today is a cry day" Melanie said softly. "Oh my god. Was she crying too?" Alex asked "yes! And the only thing scarier than one girl crying, is two girls crying. Melanie don't you dare think about crying too" Luke said and Melanie held onto Reggie and pretended to fake cry. "He's right" Alex said. "Guys we definitely can't go in there" Luke said. An ideas then popped up in Reggie's head. "But we can listen" he said as ran to the door and the boys followed along, getting on their toes to look through the glass.

"Even if I tried doing that, I still wouldn't be able to see" Melanie whispered as she stood behind Alex trying to hear the girls. The boys then ducked down quickly and turned back to Melanie. They then started to listen.

After a while Julie and Flynn walked out of the studio and the four played it off, as if they were never listening. "Oh, hey" Julie said and Flynn turned around and Julie realized what she did. "Let's hustle!" She played it off. As they walked off Julie turned back and waved at them. "Oh, don't worry. We weren't listening" Reggie said and Luke quickly kicked the boy. And Reggie gasped as he shrugged.

As Flynn turned around she was confused to see her best friend waving to absolutely nothing, so she played it off acting as if she saw a bug and was swatting it away from her face. She slightly tripped and hit the bush with an awkward laugh and turned her friend around, pushing her to go forward. "Let's go" Julie said and they left.

They then walked through the garage doors and stopped. "I wonder why Julie didn't tell us she can shred on the piano" Reggie said. "And sing. That girl can sing" Luke said. "It probably had something to do with her mom, you know..must've been hard" Alex said as he walked up the top hang out ladder. "Anyway, I really feel for her" Alex continued. "Yeah, but now she's got music back in her life. Just like us" Luke said. "yeah, I'm not sure you can call what we have a life" Alex said as he leaned forward, over the hang out.

"And I'm not pretty sure you can say I have music back in my life" Melanie said while doing air quotes around the word life. "You can sing, Mel.." Reggie said and Melanie eyes widened. "We all know you can..you just have to come out of your little shell" Luke said and she sighed. "It'll happen.." Melanie said and it went quiet.

"Oh, hey. Some of the clothes we left being is still up here" Alex said and there down that black bag. "Sweet!" Luke called. Alex then threw down Melanie and Reggie's things. "Same clothes since '95, boys.." Luke said and took off his shirt making Melanie look away quickly. "And Melanie.." Alex called shooting the girl a wink. She smiled, thanking him. Soon the studio door opened as Melanie walked over to the bathroom.

She stopped and watched as Julie's dad walked through her brother. "Woah that was weird, but somehow I can tell this man has a kind heart" Reggie said. Melanie shook her head as she headed into the bathroom. She then got dressed, fixing her hair. She grabbed her bag to see the other things she had.

"Makeup.." she said softly. She grabbed it and her eyes widened. She was surprised that she was able to even touch it.

She opened her mascara and started stroking her eyelashes, they became long and a boldly black color. She smiled widely, she didn't think she could do her makeup. She put on light blush then some chapstick. As she walked out of the bathroom she saw the boys disappear. "What the- why'd they just leave me?" She asked to herself.

"Am I that forgetful?" She asked herself.

She sighed as she sat on the couch and Julie's dad left the studio. She went through her bag seeing her song book. She smiled widely as she saw the words on the front of the book.

This book belongs to Melanie Peters. (Occasionally Luke Patterson)

She rolled her eyes playfully at Luke's messy hand writing. He insisted on writing his name onto the book but she wouldn't let him. So when they were in the studio one day, she decided to go to the bathroom and when she came back she saw Luke's name written on it, in black sharpie.

Then they rest of her book was covered in drawings she did when she was bored, little stickers and hearts. Even doodles that Reggie, Alex, Luke, and Bobby did.

She sighed as she sat the book back inside her bag and she poofed out of the studio. She then appeared under the Orpheum, like they did last night. She walked inside the empty place sighing deeply as she poofed herself onto the stage.

She nearly cried, they were here. Alive. What felt like not that long ago, the boys getting ready to perform as she cheered them on. It was like she could almost see the crowd the boys would've had cheering.

She walked to the center of the stage and sat down taking out her song book and going through the page. She came across one of her favorite song she wrote. The stars.
(btw this is just a random title and not an actual song-that I know of)

She started to sing the song lowly, the next thing you know the girl was standing up belting out her lyrics. As she finished up she smiled as she imagined a crowd clapping. Well that was until she heard someone clapping. She opened her eyes to see that same man who bumped into Alex yesterday night.

"How did you know I was here?" She asked. And he smiled. "I come here all the time..this was my first big gig" he said and she smiled. "It was supposed to be my best friends first big gig, but we died" she said. "Why not your first big gig? You have an amazing voice" he said and she smiled. "Thank you, I really appreciate that" she said and she flinched as the man appeared next to her. "Sorry, I'm not used to that" she said and he smiled. "You'll get used to it" he said and she nodded.

"What are you doing here alone?" He asked and she shrugged. "My friends and brother left me..I guess I'm just forgetful" she said as she laughed softly and looked down at the stage. "What's your name?" He asked. "Oh, it's Melanie, yours?" She asked. "It's Caleb.." he said and she nodded and the man continued to talk.

"You won't be forgettable if you join my club, Melanie" he said and she furrowed her eyebrows and looked at the name. "Club?" She asked confused. "Hollywood Ghost Club, it's like the Orpheum..for dead people. You'll become popular. And the next thing you know you're out signing your autograph on other ghosts papers" he said and she smiled. "Really?" She asked and he nodded with a smile. "The show always goes on..and you're always welcomed. Especially with your amazing voice" he said and she smiled. "Thanks, I'll check I out..I should probably head back.." Melanie said. "Oh, and before you go I have to give you this stamp. It'll help you be able to see the club" he said and placed the stamp on her, she winced at the burning sensation.

"See it?" She asked. "My trick is that you don't see the building unless you're invited...and of course have this stamp. Just know you're invited at anytime you want" he said and Melanie nodded with a smile. "Thanks, it was nice talking to you" she said "you too, see you around, Melanie" Caleb said as he tilted his hat forward and disappeared.

Not edited