16

After Julie went to go talk to the boys it ended badly. Luke poofed away being upset and they all knew where the boy was going. So they used opportunity to show Julie that Luke wasn't selfish.

They took Julie to Luke's house and they hid behind the bushes watching as Luke cried on the counter while looking at his parents as they sat at the table eating cake, a way to celebrate Luke's birthday.

The girl soon came to conclusion, she wanted to perform with them, she was back in the band.

Julie, Alex, and Reggie walked back home from Luke's house. Melanie stood at the porch waiting for the boy to finally leave. Her mind began to run all over the place.

She then poofed inside of the kitchen, directly in front of Luke. The boy eyes snapped towards the girl.

"Melanie. What are you doing here?" He asked and looked up at him. "I know you always come here. I just didn't want you to know, but now you do know.." the girl said awkwardly. Luke grabbed her hand and poofed them out to the front porch. "Listen, I apologized to the boys and now I need to apologize to you. I apologize for lashing out on you..and blaming you. We all messed up and none of this is your fault" Melanie said and Luke stood there. The girl started to grow nervous.

"I'll go..sorry" Melanie sighed. "Mel-wait" Luke said as he grabbed her hand for the second time. She turned around to face Luke, their faces were close. "I'm just glad that you're talking to me, I couldn't stand another day of you ignoring me" Luke said and she smiled lightly.

"I couldn't stand ignoring you idiots for another day...you guys make me happy" she said honestly making her cheeks flush. Luke smiled down at her. "You make me happy" like admitted without even thinking. Melanie's cheeks flushed redder if that was even possible. "I do? I thought the boys did..." she said teasingly. "Well they do.." he said and she laughed while rolling her eyes playfully.

"Happy birthday loser, you're pretty old" she joked, but the boy jaw still dropped. "Hey! You're only one year younger than me" he said. The girl simply shrugged. "Still old" she said and they laughed.

As they still laughed he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around his torso. "I hate you..you're such a bully" he said and she pulled away. "I make you happy and you hate me?" She asked and he rolled his eyes. "Basically" he went on. "Oh wow, that's sweet of you" she said Luke nodded along. "I'm known for being sweet" he said and Melanie nodded with laugh.

"Let's go back to the studio" the girl said with a smile and he nodded as he grabbed her hand and the poofed away, back into studio.

-

After practicing Finally Free for the whole day the were ready to perform. The boys and Melanie had convinced Julie to come perform by sneaking out of the window. Melanie knew this was a bad idea but after practicing with the band all day she didn't want to be the only girl up on stage and plus Julie was the key to their band.

It was called Julie and The Phantoms after all.

As they all stood in the cafe they watch Dirty Candy perform their song.

"More glitter...that's amazing" Melanie said and looked over to the boys to see Reggie with his arms crossed as he had a small smile, Luke smiling widely at the stage, and she made eye contact with Alex as he looked around and smiled lightly.

Soon she was shocked to see her best friend poof onto the stage and he started dancing. The girl laughed as she admired her best friend.

Soon he poofed back onto the floor, back in his spot and Melanie smiled. "You having fun out there?" Julie asked the boy. "It's not my fault it's my..um...it's my feet" Alex said "yeah.." Julie said. "You're doing amazing, baby!" Melanie joked and Alex laughed. "Put me back in coach" Alex said and poofed back on stage. "Go Alex!" Melanie cheered and Reggie laughed at his sister.