Chapter Twenty-one

"Don't wreck the house."

Harry sighed, having had this speech drilled into him since he was young. "Yes, sir."

Vernon continued, walking around the house slowly as if assessing things Harry may ruin. Petunia and Dudley awkwardly trailed after him, most likely wishing they could just leave already. "Stay in your room the whole time we're gone."

"Yes, si-"

"And don't touch the leftover lasagne in the fridge," Petunia cut in with a firm look.

"Yes, ma'am."

"If we come back and find a single thing out of place-"

"I know."

Looking offended, Vernon glared at Harry who glared back. When it was clear Harry wouldn't back down, Vernon grumbled before walking towards the front door, tying his scarf around him tightly. Petunia followed suit, lifting her nose in the air.

All who was left was Dudley, standing next to Harry, a little uncertain.

Harry gave him a weird look.

"Dudley!" Petunia snapped, by the door.

Dudley sniffed before saying a very quiet goodbye to Harry, and within a couple of seconds the door had been slammed behind him.

Allowing his pitiful expression to slide off his face, Harry grinned. He was home alone. Thank GOD. The first thing he did after cutting off a thin slice of lasagne and wolfing it down was fall back onto the couch and stretch out. Then, munching happily, he got out his phone.

Harry: no better feeling than being home alone

When he got no immediate response, Harry clicked his phone shut and then put it down on his thigh, twisting around so that he could look for the forbidden TV remote. However, he heard his phone chime and almost leaped to it.

Draco: As usual, I'm not sure you're correct there.

Harry: well do u have anything better?

Draco was typing for such a long time that Harry almost sent a follow-up text asking him if he was okay, but then the message sent.

Draco: A good cup of Earl Grey.

Even though Harry felt as though it didn't take two minutes to type a simple sentence, he let it pass. It was probably nothing.

Harry: thats tea, right?

Draco: Obviously.

Imagine not knowing if Earl Grey is tea.

Harry: Imagine only getting pleasure from hot leaf water

Draco: Imagine being so uncultured that you think tea is hot leaf water

Harry: am i wrong?

Draco: ...

His head on a pillow that definitely wasn't flat when they bought it, Harry smiled smugly. He was ready to continue his taunt when a banner at the top of his phone indicated a message from a new person.