Chapter Ten

Everybody spun to look at the top of the stairs.

Draco tilted his chin up, his cape draped over one shoulder. "After all the trouble you went through to make sure I turned up, you are so ready to begin without me. I'm truly hurt."

Looking up, Harry analysed Draco's costume. A gothic... vampire? Prince? It was definitely a gothic something. He's definitely pale enough to pass as a vampire even in his every-day clothes. Whatever he was, he was something with a cape.

"Took your time," Ron grumbled.

"Actually..." Lifting a cocky eyebrow, Draco looked at his shiny watch. "I'm right on time."

Oh you son of a bitch, Harry glared, hating that he was the tiniest bit impressed. Of course Draco could pull off an elegant vampire thing and not look stupid. Typical.

Ginny raised an arm of her tattered zombie shirt. "Alcohol time!"

Cheers echoed around the cement room and beers were passed around.

To everybody's surprise, Hermione was among the first to start drinking.

"Geez, Hermione," Ginny said, impressed. "I would have thought that you would be the only person who wouldn't drink."

"Usually," Hermione admitted. "But not today. I just finished all of my exams and I don't want to be sober to regret all my answers. Beer me up!"

"You scare me sometimes," Ron said simply, but he was smiling.

Carrying various drinks around the room, Luna almost knocked multiple drunk teenagers over as she made her way to Draco who was standing snobbishly in the corner. "Drink, sir?"

Draco wrinkled up his nose. "You think I'm going to get drunk with you people? Please, Lovegood, we may unfortunately be coworkers, but let's keep it at that, shall we? I have no desire to let you fools make a fool of..."

Across the room, Harry, who was already beyond tipsy, winked at Draco.

Widening his eyes, Draco looked back at Luna and wordlessly grabbed a drink, taking a long sip. He cannot be sober for this.

--

"You're into your sixth drink?" Ginny, sitting up on the table that looked as if it were about to collapse, said to Hermione a few hours later. "Try eight! Like the eight comfr- kampul- compe... fuck it. The seven- no! Eight! Tournaments I've won at Hogwarts so far."

A groan came from the ground, where Ron was having trouble keeping his eyes open. "I didn't win any competitions..." He had been drinking from the same bottle for the past hour, not realising it ran out.

"Not true!" Wiping her hair out of her face, Hermione wobbly stood up on her chair. "So many competitions... multitudinous, even. A real winner, here!" She pointed to where Ron was still on the floor. "Hogwarts never had a better keeper... Goalkeeper."

At this, Ginny interjected, "But I'm a better player all round."

"Of course," Luna nodded solemnly.

On the ground a few metres away, Draco had his phone out and the voice memo app open. "They think they're so wonderful," he muttered bitterly, holding the phone up to his mouth. "Weasleys and their... fuckin, ah, hockey. I play hockey, too, but nooo, nobody celebrates Draco. Only stupid Weasley is our King... wonderful song... and Potter!" He wrapped his cape around his curled up legs with his free hand. "Bloody... Wonderful Potter. Thinks he's so great with his- with his scar and his hockey stick-"