Taken

I sat at my office desk with my head in my hands, a bazillion thoughts bounced in my head. Where is zuko? Will he be alright? What happened to katara? Did she leave? Will she hate me? What was for lunch today?

Someone knocked at my door. I looked up. 'Enter.' And the door opened to see Toph leaning on the door frame.

'Your report, chief beifong.'

Toph walked in and sighed. 'Two of my men were found unconscious near the abandoned building. We think the blood bender might be staying there.'

'What do you think the bloodbenders motive is? Like, why would he or she do this?' I wondered. 'They said it sounded like a woman but her voice wasn't clear. They said she kept asking "where is he?". Toph answered.

I thought for a moment. 'I'm going there tonight. I'm going to try and get her to talk.' 

'Are you out of your mind, Sokka?!?! We're talking about a bloodbender here. How are you going to defend yourself if anything goes wrong? Sorry but your not exactly Mr. Bender.' Toph said.

'I need to know what she wants. Maybe it's something.....well, important.' I sighed.

'I'm going to position my men nearby just in case.'

'No! It could ruin this whole plan. Don't you see i just want to ask her what she needs? Maybe if we can help her, she'll stop terrorizing everyone.'

Toph nodded and walked out.

—————————

I walked to the abandoned building. I took a deep breath and walked in. 'Hello? Anyone home? I'm sure you are. I really need to talk about all this. Maybe we can cooperate.' I said, looking around. I stopped to see a hooded figure standing just a few paces away.

'Hi. Umm...I'm chief Sokka of the southern water tribe.'

'I'm very aware of who you are. Tell me what you want before i make you.'

'Well, I've heard that your looking for someone. I want to know who. Maybe I can help you.' I said.

The bloodbender chuckled. 'You? Help me? Not likely. And I don't think the others will give a shit about what I want.' I was confused.

'Why not? It's probably big enough for you to start attacking innocent people.' She raised her arm and spread her fingers apart. Suddenly, I couldn't control my body anymore. She slowly moved her fingers together.

'S-stop! I j-just wanna h-help you!' I managed to shout. She stopped moving her fingers but she didn't let go.

'You know what? You can help me. They don't care about him being kidnapped, but they'll care about you. She said as she pulled me closer using bloodbending.

She brought me to the second floor and sat me down against a stone pillar and tied me up. 'Who?!?! Who is it you need so much?!?! I yelled. She kneeled in front of me.

'You probably wouldn't care.'

'Yes! Yes I do care! I'll find him! I will!' I shouted. 

'Oh, why the sudden change of heart?' I cocked my head to the side.

'I want firelord zuko.'

I thought for a moment. 'Why would you want him? What's so important about him?' She ignored me and picked up a nearby telephone and brought it over to me.

'I want you to tell the chief of police exactly what I say.'

————————-

'Chief! It's the bloodbender! She wants to talk to you!' A metal bender said as he practically kicked my door down.

I ran outisde and snatched the telephone. 'Hello?'

'Chief beifong.'

I growled. 'Who are you and what do you want?'

'It's a pleasure to meet you too. I have some news for you. That news is sitting down right in front of me.' I frowned. What could she be talking about? 

'Hey Toph.'

'Sokka! Where are you? Are you okay?'

I heard him sigh from the other line. 'She has me.'

'Seriously Sokka? I told you not to go! Now look! She-'

'She wants to make a deal. Find and bring firelord zuko in front of the abandoned building in two days after the sun sets. If you don't, she'll find you and....please find zuko. I know I said it was irrelevant at the time but now i am ordering you to find him.'

'I'll try. Just...hang in there Sokka. We'll get you outta there.' And they hung up.

'Officer Song!' She ran up to me. 'Yes ma'am!'

'Start a search party for firelord zuko. We need him in two days. And station some metalbenders around the building where she's keeping Sokka.'

'Yes ma'am!' And she went to work.

'Don't worry Sokka. We'll get you back even if it's the last thing I do.' I said to myself.