Reborn

I sat in my hut with my son, Kuzon, in my arms. 'Why "Kuzon"? Toph asked over her cup of tea. I shrugged.

'It's nice, fire nation, and it reminds me of Aang.' I said and looked at Kuzon as he wriggled out of my arms and crawled on the floor. We sat in silence.

'It's his first birthday and the council wants me to take the air nomad test to see if he's...if he's the next avatar.' I broke the silence. 

'What if he is the avatar?' Toph looked down. I looked at Kuzon who was crawling towards Aangs staff which he left behind. Kuzon grabbed it with his tiny hands and started playing around with it. I ran over to him and took the staff from him.

'No touching this.' I put it in a high place where he could not reach it. His face went from cute to furious. He screamed as loud as his little lungs could go.

Just then, my tea shot out of its cup and splashed onto the ground. Toph threw her cup just as water erupted out of it too. Zuko, who was taking a sip of his tea, wasn't fast enough and his face was drenched with his tea.

I quickly scooped the baby up and tried calming him down but failed. 'Here!' And gave him to zuko. 'What am I supposed to do with him? He won't stop!' He panicked and ran over to toph. When he put Kuzon in her lap, he finally stopped screaming.

'Guys....what do I do?' Toph said, holding the baby away from her. 'Give him to me. He's probably just cranky.' The moment toph gave him to me, he screamed and kicked. My eyes widened and I shoved him back to toph. 

'Never mind!' I looked at zuko. 'He seems to really like toph.....am I a good mother? Or is it the baby?' Zuko didn't even need to think when he answered.

'Definitely the baby. And now he can waterbend? He's gonna be a handful.'

Later that day, we walked to the council and they led us to a room. When we stepped in, there were thousands of toys in piles and a man sitting there.

We sat for a few minutes while Kuzon played with some toys. In the end, he had his heart set on four of them. A stuffed hog monkey, a whirligig, a clay turtle duck, and hand drum. The man gasped and looked at us.

'What? Is he the avatar?' Zuko asked. The man nodded. Me and zuko looked at each other in shock and looked at our baby.

'But do not tell him yet. We will tell him when the time is right. If he bends two elements before sixteen, bring him to us.' The man said. 

Zuko looked at me again. 'Wow....he's the new spirit bridge....come on, let's go home.' And he picked up Kuzon.

——————————

TWELVE YEARS LATER 

'MOM! KUZON IS BEING AN IDIOT AGAIN!' Our second kid, Kya, screamed outside. I sighed.

'Zuko, when will they get along?' I groaned and stood up. He chuckled. 'They both remind me of us two when we were young.' I rolled my eyes and walked outside to find ice sticking out of the ground, snow piles everywhere and three very angry children.

'Kuzon! Kya! Iroh! What are you doing?' I said. They looked at me and started ranting at the same time. 'Everyone stop! Come inside! It's getting dark.' I shouted.

When we walked in, we sat at the dining table. 'What happened now?' Iroh crossed his arms and glared at Kuzon. 'He started it.' I turned to Kuzon and frowned. He put his hands up in defense.

'Hey, I only said he was lame being a non bender. Nothing more....then he started to firebend. Like it was nothing.'

'Firebend?' Zuko said and looked at Iroh who was beaming. Kya rolled her eyes. Zuko chuckled. I looked at him. 'What?'