Chapter 9 - Plot Heavy

Hey guys, Striker777 here with the next chapter of Naofumi of the Sharingan. Be sure to vote and comment and all that. Anyway, Minyadulion, congratulations on correctly guessing both Anko and Pakura. You already know your reward, I'm all good to go on it. Anyway, for now, onto the story.

———

Naofumi was calling it.

He was this world's Naruto, minus the ramen addiction, disgusting orange jumpsuit and giant tailed beast sealed inside his stomach.

He was truely walking a mile in the shoes of his little orange fuzzball of a problem. Problem as he was, Naruto was like a second younger brother to the Uchiha, and he had more than willingly paid good old Teuichi for the ramen Naruto ate, despite the old man's protest. But in their world, at least Naruto had people looking out for him in high places, such as the majority of the Shinobi council, which Naofumi himself was a part of, some of the most powerful Jonin in the village of their time, such as Kakashi and Guy, two very worthy contenders for the position of 5th Hokage, as well as the current Hokage himself.

Not only that, but Naruto got on extraordinarily well with both Anko and Pakura. Anko had basically taken the young jinchuriki under her wing in the pranking world and Pakura was the stern motherly figure in his life, making him eat something other than Ramen for at least half a week if he was lucky.

But here...

Naofumi had no one but himself and his students. No high ranking members of a council, no leaders, no one who could swing some stuff fairly in his favour.

In fact, it was currently the exact opposite.

"What do you mean he won?!" demanded Naofumi. "You saw full well what happened! I wiped him and his companion all over the floor without even going all out!"
"There was obviously outside interference on your end to make this whole play work out." retorted the King.
"... ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKING KIDDING ME?!" yelled Naofumi. "ARE WE JUST GONNA IGNORE THE FACT THAT THE REDHEAD PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL MOVE BY TRYING TO BLOW ME AWAY WITH WIND MAGIC, LAUNCHED A MOTHERFUCKING FIREBALL AT MY HEAD, AND THEN LITERALLY JOINED IN THE FIGHT HALFWAY THROUGH?! IS THAT WHAT WE'RE DOING?!"
"Silence, Devil!" yelled the King.

"Is this what this is about?! Your stupid religion?!" roared Naofumi. "You really want me to kill everyone in this room and just walk out of this castle?! CAUSE I'M THIS FUCKING CLOSE!" he yelled, holding two fingers incredibly close together.
"GUARDS!" yelled the King, causing the guards stationed around the arena to rush at Naofumi and hold him at sword point. "That is quite enough out of you, Devil. The three demi-humans will be freed immediately. Send this Devil to the dungeon, where we can keep a close eye on him before we send him out as cannon fodder. I shall listen to no more arguments about this battle. Brave Spear Hero, you have won the duel!"

Motoyasu was anything but happy. Naofumi had won, even when he and Myne teamed up against him, but he was being called the winner of the duel. Sure, those three were free from his grasp now, but...

'Why do I feel this way... anguish, despair... guilt... it makes no sense.' he thought as the crowd cheered in the background.

"I knew you would win!" called Myne, appearing beside him, pressing her armoured chest into his arm. "Sir Motoyasu~"
"Y-you knew, huh?" asked Motoyasu, hesitantly, as the fireball from before was still fresh in his brain. His memory playing back as he noticed the intense heat and orange-red glow of fire.

"Earth Style: Mud Wall!"

Naofumi only did that to earn his trust, right? It had to be. Naofumi was a monster, a devil.