Chapter 5 - The Mines and the Ninja

Hey guys, Striker777 here with the next chapter of Naofumi of the Sharingan. Vote and comment and all that good stuff, but for now, onto the story.

———

Naofumi rode with Rifana on the back of a filolial as Raphtalia and Keel took another one. Their destination was Lute Village, where they would go to the mines and mine the precious metals guarded by the monsters of the first wave. Naofumi was in desperate need for money, and he needed a lot.

He left most of his items back at his inn room, trusting the keepers to keep it safe and discrete. He brought with him 20 kunai and 30 shuriken, and gave each of the girls 10 kunai and 20 shuriken. They had no idea how to use the equipment, but Naofumi told them to use the kunai as knives, and had planned on training them in the mines away from any prying eyes.

He would have two helping him with mineral collection at a time, whilst one would work on shurikenjutsu with a shadow clone that he would keep close by in case of emergency. There, he would train them on how to properly throw a shuriken or kunai, as well as bringing leafs in with him for their chakra control exercises. Raphtalia had the best chakra control out of all 3 of them, but Rifana and Keel were catching up, Keel luckily possessing enough chakra to actually perform such exercises and ninjutsu, unlike a 'youthful' ninja clad in green spandex he often saw around the village, usually doing laps on his hands instead of his feet.

Shaking those thoughts out of his head, Naofumi looked down at the two filolials giving them a lift, which he had summoned from the contract Fitoria gave him, the ally of a previous shield hero, another Uchiha Shield Hero. Apparently one with the Mangenkyou Sharingan, since she knew about it and it's drawbacks.

That drew Naofumi into deep thought. Would he eventually end up like the others, blind and weak? Possibly if he overused his Mangenkyou too many times, except if he...

No! Sasuke wasn't even that closely related to him. The Eternal Mangenkyou Sharingan only came from the transfer of eyes of close relatives, such as parents, siblings and sometimes cousins. Besides, he'd rather sacrifice both his eyes through the use of Izanagi rather than take the eyes of his precious younger cousin. Naofumi would never stoop so low, lest he become like that bastard Itachi, but Naofumi might be tempted to take Itachi's eyes if the possibility arose.

If only his actual cousin, Shisui was still around. Naofumi had lost him several nights prior to the Uchiha massacre to suicide, yet he always had his doubts about Itachi's involvement in his death and suicide, or murder. He believed that Itachi killed him to gain the power of the Mangenkyou Sharingan, much like how some Uchiha killed their friends and family to awaken their Mangenkyou. Unlike most who reviled in the power, Naofumi would return his eyes in a heartbeat if it meant the resurrection of his team. Shisui had promised Naofumi his Mangenkyou when they discovered the existence of the Eternal Mangenkyou Sharingan studying together in the library, acting like the elder cousin when they were the same age.

A village in the distance threw Naofumi out of his thoughts. Lute Village approached. The mines approached. Money, enough to remain in the inn, to gather weapons, equipment, and anything they needed. No matter what, Naofumi was going to survive in this world, and return to his own, with his 5 genin in tow, to become fully fledged ninja.

———

The mines were easy enough to find, with Naofumi deciding to head straight there as opposed to stopping in the village to gather information. By now, the word had probably already spread about his 'deeds' and he would be shunned by the village, much like how Naruto was. In the side of a mountain was a small hut that lead down to the mines, with a pile of pickaxes and some rope. Naofumi decided that he'd use one of the pickaxes as a material for his shield as well as some rope. Placing them into his shield, he was greeted by the expanding circle of shield he was amassing.