Chapter 24 - Curse of Hatred

Hey guys, hope you're having a better time than me at the moment. Long story short, uni results came out a couple of days ago, and it turns out for the big group project worth half our final grade, one person in a group of four decided to write up an 'informal group contract' and make themself seem like the patron saint of hard work whilst the rest of us did jack shit. Obviously myself and the other group members have been calling for action to be taken, mainly to raise our scores out of the teens and where they should be.

Fair to say, I've been a bit distracted recently.

But anyway, I was able to bring out this chapter for you guys, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys react to it.

But for now, onto the story!

———

Naofumi leapt from one tree branch to another. Ibiki was yelling out from so far behind him Naofumi didn't even register him saying anything, let alone a single thing he said. All that mattered was what he had heard over the radio system.

"Help! We've been ambushed!"

Hiroshi was never one to exaggerate, even if he was a little more dramatic than the regular Hyuga. If he said they were ambushed, then they were in deep shit, and Naofumi had to get there as fast as he could. Hence, he broke formation and went running to where the other team's expected location was at the time they called for help.

Through trees and bushes, Naofumi ran, not caring if he was leaving a trail or giving away his location to the enemy. His mission could wait, his team needed him, and they took priority. He ran and ran as fast as his legs could carry him, heart thumping in his throat and chest tighter than he ever thought possible, as he neared his destination, the metalic smell of blood hitting Naofumi's nose as he pushed himself faster and made it to a clearing.

It was in vain.

He came to a grounding halt as he looked, eyes becoming wide and mouth agape as he looked at the trio of corpses of his teammates. He didn't even have to check for himself if they were alive, he knew they weren't. There was too much blood. All three members of his team, Yuki, Hyuga and Aburame-sensei, were lying in a pool of their own blood, deep gashed across their bodies and clothes stained red.

Naofumi looked up, finally seeing the 20 ninja looking at him with weapon's drawn. Hidden Mist ninja, their blue flak jackets and headbands giving away their nationality. Naofumi noticed as he looked into one of the headbands that his eyes had changed to their sharingan state. It explained why they were on edge, since an Uchiha had shown up.

One, however, was braver, or perhaps more stupid than the rest of his team. "One more kill for the paycheck. 20 on 1 Uchiha, you like those odds?"

Naofumi didn't even bother replying, as his breaths became shorter, his vision filling with red, and a burning sensation unlike anything he ever experienced before in his eyes erupted like an active volcano. He glared hard at the Hidden Mist ninja, as his eyes stung, the tomoe spinning rappidly until a new eye was formed, a shape akin to a triple pointed shuriken with hooked ends appearing in the middle of his eye, the tomoe still present.

Naofumi screamed, and charged forward.

———

Naofumi screamed, and charged forward.

His control gone, all sense of reason obsolete, Naofumi charged like a wild animal at a meal. Rifana screamed something he couldn't quite make out, but he didn't care, as he continued on his warpath against the dragon zombie. The beast roared, and swung his tail at the ninja, only for Naofumi to jump on top of the tail, before jumping off that. High into the air he went, weaving handsigns like nobody's business.