Chapter 3 - The Rescue of a Weasel Genin

Hey guys. Striker777 here with the next chapter of Naofumi of the Sharingan. Be sure to vote and comment, yada yada yada, good stuff, let's go!

———

"Almost there Keel, you got this." said Raphtalia. Naofumi looked down at the two, seeing Keel trying her hardest to concentrate. She could manifest the physical aspect of charka without an problem, but she had trouble when it came to the spiritual part of it. Raphtalia had already drawn hers out, proven by the third bar under her name indicating her chakra level. Naofumi had told her to try using the substitution jutsu, and Raphtalia had gotten the basics down, and just needed to work on her execution.

Keel had a lot of trouble when it came to bringing out her chakra, but Naofumi helped her out and it looked like she was about to come out. She was concentrated so hard on getting her chakra out, since Naofumi made the promise to collect Rifana from Idol and make the family whole again. Naofumi was contempt on keeping that promise. So Keel worked extraordinarily hard to bring out her chakra.

Naofumi took her to a waterfall, letting the tranquility act as a conduit to help her. It appeared to be working as Keel's chakra was coming out in small amounts. Naofumi had a feeling that her chakra pathway system was being affected somehow, but it should be fine if she focuses hard enough.

Keel was focusing extraordinarily hard on her mission to unleash her chakra, and the place that Naofumi took them to was certainly helping her, but she was still having trouble pushing it out of herself. She focused hard, thinking of Naofumi's promise to save Rifana, and with determination in her eyes, she focused once more.

But in her mind, she found herself at a gate. It was a big gate, red, and preventing a gust of wind to go through. She felt a desire, a strong one, willing her to push the gate open. She placed a hand on the gate, pushing it open.

Naofumi watched in shock as Keel was enveloped in a sudden burst of chakra. He felt a similar presence before in the Leaf Village. 'No way!' he thought as he rushed over to Keel. 'Did she really just open one of the 8 gates?' Keel collapsed to the ground, exhausted.
"I... did it... master."
"No, you did something more. You opened one of the 8 gates."
"The 8... gates?"
"There are 8 gates in the body that restrict the flow of chakra and make it manageable for a person to use. I can open the first gate, but I never went further than that due to the intense strain it places on my body." said Naofumi. He reached down and grabbed her shoulders. "Listen to me Keel, this technique is a last resort, and it will leave you exhausted, which can be fatal in combat. You can only use this technique to protect someone. But it does mean you have been able to push your chakra out, just not in a conventional way."
"Does that mean..." asked Raphtalia, trailing off.
"Yep." said Naofumi. He turned to them both and smile.

"I'm going to save Rifana."

———

"Alright, be sure you behave, do everything that Edward says, and just be safe." said Naofumi. He had probably said something along those lines 13 times already.
"We'll be fine master."
"Have some faith in them kid, they'll be fine." said Edward. "I'll make sure they stay out of trouble."
"Alright, and if the bow or sword hero come looking for me, be sure to tell them I'll be back in 4 days."
"Yes master Naofumi." said Raphtalia.
"Alright, I'll be off then." said Naofumi. He took up his duffle bag full of supplies and strung it over his shoulder.  "Take care." he said, as he walked out the door.
"Be sure to bring home Rifana master! We wanna eat Libby's cooking with her." yelled Keel. Naofumi replied with a thumbs up as he continued to walk away.

Naofumi's first shop to visit was Erhard's blacksmith shop. He opened the door to see Erhard with a crate. "Figured you'd be coming in today, so I have your order ready to go."
"Thanks, but I was wondering if I could borrow a weapon off you."
"Borrow?"
"Yeah, I need to borrow one of your weapons in order to stay incognito with an assignment I'm doing." explained Naofumi. "I can't use my shield for this one, so I need a main weapon that is ninja enough to be accepted by the shinobi shield but not enough for it to be drawn back to me."
"Maybe a sword then? I think I have one for you." said Erhard, going out the back, and then getting a sword.