Chapter 20 - Blockades

Hey guys, Striker777 here with the next chapter. Uni starts tomorrow for me, so I figured I'd smash out one more chapter before I start. This chapter is all about Naofumi's home world, and I will be focusing on the other world in the next chapter. The official start of the simultaneous Marriage, Escort and Peddling Arcs. But enough introductions, onto the story!

———

The Hidden Leaf Village was never really on the top of Mei Terumi's places to visit when she was younger. She wasn't really the adventurous type in the way of new places, she was certainly adventurous in other aspects of her life, such as her career and love life. She never really wanted to visit other places all that much, maybe a trip down to a hot spring resort for a holiday, or beautifully long walks on the beach, but not travelling to another nation for the sole purpose of sightseeing or just getting away from the places she called home.

But if it was for a shot at romance with one of the kindest, coolest and hottest guys she had the pleasure of meeting, Mei was far more than willing to make the trip.

A month after she sent her return acceptance letter to Naofumi's welcome surprise of a marriage request, she finally had the time to make a trip to the Hidden Leaf. She had been unfortunately been prevented from coming earlier as a result of sudden and unexpected action by Yagura of the Three Tails had her and the whole army on high alert, ready to attack at any given opportunity. However, after a while of nothing being heard from him, Mei, Ao and Chojuro made the trip to the Hidden Leaf to make the preparations for the wedding.

Ao had stressed the importance of the marriage to Mei more times than she cared to admit. He did care about her happiness in his own special way, but he had repeatedly stressed the fact that having the Blood Rain actively take their side during the civil war could cause a massive swing in momentum in their favour. Naofumi was an Uchiha, and if the stories of their descendent, Madara Uchiha were to be believed, than hypothetically, Naofumi would not only be able to incapacitate Yagura with his Mangenkyou Sharingan, but maybe also control him into willingly giving up control over the Hidden Mist and ending the war with a lot less bloodshed than what they originally anticipated.

Mei was much more focused on the romantic aspect. She was getting married, a life long dream of hers, and to a kind man at that. Marriage, settling down and starting a family are what she wanted in life. Having that be possible with Naofumi Uchiha was one of the best feelings she ever had. Their one meeting had drawn her to only one conclusion.

Love.

Physical compatibility and aesthetics aside, Naofumi was someone she could see herself forging the rest of her life with. She could see herself settling down with the man, having kids and living the rest of their lives together. And the wedding, she had been envisioning it for the last few weeks. A beautiful day, countless faceless people applauding her and Naofumi as they walked, arm in arm, out of the venue. The ringing of wedding bells in the distance as she walked out in her beautiful wedding dress, her groom by her side, smiling all the way to their honeymoon.

It was a scene of pure love. Mei Terumi loved Naofumi Uchiha. And she was going to spend the rest of her life with him.

The gate of the Hidden Leaf approached as the three concluded their journey. Somewhere in that village, perhaps even waiting at the gate, Naofumi Uchiha was waiting for them. For her. To marry her.

Thinking about it still gave her happy goosebumps.

The three stopped directly outside the gate, but it was not Naofumi greeting them upon their arrival. There, at the entrance to the village, stood the Copy Ninja, Kakashi Hatake himself. He looked over the three of them, before nodding to himself and sighing. "The Hokage is ready to meet you."