Chapter 4 - Summon and Return

Hey guys, Striker777 here with the next chapter off Naofumi of the Sharingan. Be sure to vote and comment, but for now, onto the story.

———

Naofumi felt refreshed when he opened his eyes once more, albeit a little hungry. He looked to his left to see Rifana cuddling close, holding onto his shirt like it was a lifeline. Naofumi smiled, which he would immediately deny if anyone asked, and rubbed her head.

Then he felt a shadow over him and looked up, seeing a pink bird from yesterday looking down at him.

"... The hell do you want?" he asked. The filolial nodded to a fire where Fitoria was cooking something in a bunch of pots. It smelled edible, and the filolials were going crazy over it. Naofumi sighed and sat up, shaking Rifana awake. "Hey, come on, get up. Breakfast is served."

Rifana opened her eyes to the unfamiliar surrounding, a brief moment of fear passing before she remembered the previous day. She looked up at her saviour, now with black hair and green eyes with a new uniform on, her actual saviour.

"Morning. Come on, breakfast is waiting." said Naofumi, taking her hand and helping her up, as well as walking alongside her as she had difficulty with walking after being chained for so long. He sat her down and handed her a bowl of soup, which she took gratefully and began to eat, smiling as she had the best food she had in a while. Naofumi smiled and grabbed his own bowl, seeing it full of what he assumed was fish and some vegetables native to the area. Having some of the soup, it wasn't the best he ever had, but it certainly wasn't the worst either. He would eat it all, but refuse seconds, simply sitting with Fitoria as Rifana was snuggled by filolials. He looked around at the ruins, of what was apparently the first civilisation defended by the original heroes.

"This is nice..." muttered Naofumi. "Maybe when all this wave business is over, I can simply relax between missions in the Leaf like this."
"You do realise that this is happening all over the world, right?" asked Fitoria. Naofumi looked at her in confusion and shock, before collecting himself.
"Why am I not surprised that the King would do this?" asked Naofumi. "I need to tell this to Ren and Itsuki."
"The sword and bow heroes, correct? Why not the spear?"
"Wouldn't believe me even if I had undeniable proof. He's wrapped around the bitch'e finger and the King would bastardise me if I spoke out." said Naofumi. "I need to let the other heroes know."
"At least you get along with the bow and sword heroes, but you need to try and get along with the spear as well." said Fitoria.

"Look, when the chips are down, I'll help him, but for now, he won't move an inch in terms of his opinion on me. Getting along with him, or trusting him at least, will take time. A lot of it." said Naofumi.
"Which is time we do not have." said Fitoria. "You need to find a way to get along with the spear hero soon, or I will have no choice but to kill all 4 heroes and have the kingdoms try again."

Naofumi stood there unfazed. "I'll try, but I can't promise that he'll listen."

"That's all I ask."

———

"This is your stop." said Fitoria, letting Rifana and Naofumi out of the carriage. Naofumi nodded in thanks, and he performed his transformation jutsu once more, turning himself into an older man with a farmer's outfit and Rifana into a human child. Naofumi was about to say goodbye when a thud behind him got him to turn around. His eyes widened at what was on the ground.

"I-is that..."
"A summoning scroll, yes. I trust you know how it works."
"I do." said Naofumi, cutting his thumb with his teeth and writing his signature on the next free space.

"Thank you." said Naofumi. "I will call on you if ever I need to."
"Very well, until you call on me, Master Naofumi." said Fitoria, smiling and running off with her birds. Naofumi smiled at the path she took off in, and turned to Rifana.