Chapter 23 - Plauge of Mirso Village

Hey guys, I'm back. Again, I know I had a long break, but uni is difficult and I value my time spent on it over the time I use to write the things I love. I wish there were more hours in the day, or that my course wasn't so demanding, but there aren't more and it is, so here we are. I will endevour to but out more chapters more frequently, but I make no promises on that regard.

But for now, onto the story.

———

Naofumi looked down at the collection of accessories he was crafting. Five in total, each one different than the last, with a buffing effect to boot. He crafted a bracelet for Raphtalia, with the buff of giving her +5 to her agility stat, Rifana got a pair of earings that gave a +5 to her dexterity, and Keel got a necklace for a +5 to her strength stat. He crafted a hairpin for Filo with a +5 to her agility, and finally for Dra, a ring that gave a +5 to her endurance stat.

With the crafting tool his party had got him during their trip to the hotspring town they had departed from 2 days ago, the crafting of the accessories was much simpler and easier than he originally anticipated. If his career as a shinobi ever fell through, he could certainly work as a craftsman or an artisan. If the quality of his work (even if he said so himself) was anything to go off, he'd earn quite the generous amount of money from him.

But he didn't need to think about that right now. He was happy and healthy, even getting the chance to practice with his Wood Style when no one else was around. He was not good at it, nowhere near as proficient as Yuki-san had been with her Ice Style Kekkei Genkai when she was alive. The feelings that particular thought brought up were not pleasant, but Naofumi had seven years to come to grips with the fact that his team was dead. It hurt, but it seemed to hurt less and less every day.

So he wasn't good with his Wood Style, but that could be rectified when he had a chance to talk with Tenzo and get some training and pointers on how to improve. For now, however, he could basically only feel the flora around him. Not all that helpful outside of the plant monsters that had been in Lerno Village.

Naofumi sighed, remembering the feeling of the corrupted chakra of the First Hokage, a million questions running through his head. Such as who would have access to Hashirama Senju's chakra in the first place, and who would be smart and stupid enough to corrupt it. Orochimaru was a stand-out answer, and seeing as Jinpachi Munashi somehow ended up in this world, so the same was possible for any and all-

Naofumi's eyes grew dark, remembering the words of Jinpachi. "No... I died." said the man. "Just last year, actually." Jinpachi Munashi died before he was transported to this world. That meant it was possible for any number of people who died to return to this world. The actual Third Kazekage, any of the currently deceased Kage, such as Hashirama himself, Hanzo of the Salamander.

Madara Uchiha. That possibility scared him the most.

Naofumi realised anyone from his world could be here, and his heart skipped a beat at the thought of his old teammates coming back from the dead, before shaking his head and looking down once more. He had no idea how Jinpachi Munashi was alive in this world, and had no evidence to support the possibility of anyone else being alive as well, barring the chakra of Hashirama, but given Orochimaru's experiments, it wasn't exactly difficult for his chakra to be given a new vessel or host. Hell, for all he knew, it was one of the other 59 children Orochimaru killed during that particular experiment.

Naofumi pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind for now. He could worry about the possibilities of other shinobi in this world later, but the current time needed him focused on two things, preparing for the Waves with his team, and his current assignment to supply relief aid to a village just South of their position. Mirso village was swept with a plague, and Naofumi's job was to supply the people aid with medicine and, with any luck, a way to stop the plague. If he could, it would bolster his already rapidly growing reputation around the smaller villages and towns of Melromarch, and hopefully, would eventually lead to his name being cleared, or even them forgetting the charges and religion alltogether with all the good he was doing.