-6-

"Good job Randi, fast like always." The instructor said as she hopped of the body of a wyvern that was to injured to move but not enough to be killed, sheathing her sword.

This area was carved out from the side of a mountain on our island with a chain fencing made on the open area, all wyverns that were successfully caught were imprisoned here to be used to teach the next generation to fight.

"Alright next up.... Hmmm.... Renva come up, Randi and you were the ones to do that speedy take down, lets see how your skills improved, same as Randi here, the exercise is to subdue a wyvern." Great.

I nodded walking forth as the trainer pulled a level as the chain still weighing on the wyvern's neck dragged it back into its cage.

"You can do it half-eye." Randi punched me in the shoulder as she passed me, always as rude as ever. She threw me the rope they had given her but she subdued hers by rendering it unable to fight and I hung it around my chest.

I gave her a nod, as she and the others headed out of the arena to a higher area where the trainer was.

I was holding my staff both hands as a gamma class wyvern that was a deep blue was let out, it screeched in anger, trying to climb the wall and get to the instructors.

We classes wyverns of different wyvern sized in classes, Epsilon is the smallest dog sized, Delta is mountain lion sized, Gamma is the usual normal wyvern size, Beta is rare and horse sized and Alpha was created in case someone were to ever see bigger then Beta but that never happened.

I hissed loudly at it, making the angered wyvern look at me and drop down in the arena, claws clicking on the ground as it approached before loudly hissing back, wings up and flapping.

I spun my staff in hand and pointed the spiked end at it with a softer hiss.

It started circling me, keeping its eyes trained on my as I followed, moving to keep it from my back.

I jumped to the left as it snapped out its head and whacked the back of its skull, seeing the same movement of its jaw relaxing for a moment then in the small wyvern.

I spun and staff and stabbed at it so it was focused on that before letting it fly from my hands and the wyverns head followed it.

I unwrapped the rope and threw the loop on its end at its head, the loop tightening itself around the horns.

It screeched and tried pulling itself free as I held the rope tight.

It bit on it and despite the loud protests since I let go of my staff I ran at the wyvern, looping the rope tightly around its jaw, they have a huge biting force but not much of an opening force.

Too the many screams protest I got on the beast's back, looping my legs around the top of the muzzle and pressing it down against the neck as I looped the cord around it head and neck, making a large knot I tied on the back of its head as it tried flying but the added weight on its head was too much to correctly take off.

I made a last loop and pulled the rope tight over the previously made knot and made another one before it shook me off.

It shook its head, almost whining as it tried freeing itself, the mouth was propped open by the cord piece it bit and I saw sparks on the back of its throat but no flame, so this blocks they jaw and whatever creates their fire.

I hissed at it loudly and it took a step back, lowering its bound head down before the chain around it throat was yanked and it was pulled away, broken screeching heard until the stone door fell close behind it.

I sighed softly as I stared at the door before looking up, all in awe at what I just did, neither the wyvern nor I had sustained any major injuries, I'd just have a few bruises from it slamming its head down to try to get my legs unwrapped.

"SHOW THEM HOW IT'S GONE HALF-EYES WOOOO!!" I grinned up at Randi, her and her antics.

I picked up my staff and glanced at the blood of the previous wyverns staining the stone before turning away and walking out, I cannot let them know about the baby, not a chance.

"That was amazing! How did a numbskull like you learn to do that?!" Randi almost screamed into my face. "You gotta tell me how you freaking did that!"

I leaned back as she was right in my face, fighting back a blush from how close she was, I held out a finger and fished out my charcoal piece, writing on the stone wall.

'While cleaning of the skull I found a part of it surprisingly soft, I thought it might be something used for their breath attack, seems as I was right since the wyvern couldn't burn itself free.' I wrote so she could read but I was making most of it up with no idea how much truth there was in it since it did make it unable to breath its attack.

"Neat discovery!" She slapped me across the back, can't you just pat my back normally?

I nodded, rubbing the coal off the wall and walking off.

"Were are you going? Come with us to the great hall I never see you there." Renva keep yourself in check that doesn't mean she had been looking for you!

I sighed and nodded, glancing back at the metal door one last time before letting her pull me to the group of other students.