-7-

The great hall was just that, a great hall, it was used for many occasions like funeral preparations, marriages, dinning hall or just a hang out spot.

"-- and you can't imagine my surprise someone like her got a wyvern down with a piece of rope!" The students talked and I sighed, always 'someone like her' to talk about me, what is so wrong about me lacking a voice and an eye?

We sat around a small fire pit on logs, a wooden plate of food on our laps.

"Yeah I'd never believe someone like her could even kill one, Randi is too nice to give her the kill." I didn't look up, they always talked like I wasn't here since, what could I do? Tell them off?

"I am more then such half-eyes is more capable then both of you idiots." I looked up, speak of the devil and she'll come.

Randi was bent in half so that her head was on their level, hands on her hips between the two boys talking shit.

She stood up  straight and walked around the circle, looking for a place.... Wait.

She sat next to me as it was the one place left.

"You tend to pigs all day so it would surprise me if you didn't try to beat a wyvern by throwing manure at it and you think you are all tall and mighty but where were you on the hunt? Hiding behind your father while a girl that cannot call for help outside of a whistle and whom lacks half her vision killed a wyvern by climbing onto its back while it took flight, you two are no man, she has more balls then you two combined."

I lead a hand on her shoulder and shook my head when she looked at me causing her to sigh, she clearly wanted to at least kick them if nothing more brutal.

"You get of easy this time, next time you think of criticizing someone look at yourself first."

I looked down, trying to hide a smile as I took a bite of bread.

Despite her rudeness and skill this was another big reason why she was considered to be made successor, she stands up for those looked down on tho I would have been fine without it.

The night was advancing people left the place while I remained near the fire, drawing in my notebook multiple ideas how to restrain a wyvern with a rope that would be easier done and faster as I still took a bit of time.

I closed it with a sigh.

"I see you are still here."

I stood up, holding the notebook to my chest, nodding, I thought Randi would have gone home by now.

"A tough crowd to please eh?" She asked, sitting back down on the log while I had been sitting on the edge of the fire pit, I knew she was talking about the other kids, I nodded. "Fuck them all!"

I rose a brow, tilting my head.

"Yeah fuck them, it is not for them that you fight but for you and your family who cares about what they think?"

I chuckled, probably sounding like a muffled cat being drowned right now, if only my voice had been completely destroyed I wouldn't be able to make these embarrassing sounds still.

"So you can still make noise?"

I put the notebook away and grabbed the empty wooden plate as I sat down and scribbled onto it before turning it so she can see.

'I might not be able to speak but my throat had not been completely pierced through, the claw sank in more to the left so my voice has some parts that are less damaged tho I sound like a drowning cat that's stuffed with cotton when I laugh.'

"I would have said a horny horse but sure."

I gasped with a smile as she laughed, throwing my plate at her.

"Okay okay I am joking you don't sound like a horny horse.... Hey wanna see something cool? Come!" She didn't wait for my answer and she dragged me out.

She ran through the village up towards the forest when I freed myself.

"What? Oh come on don't make that face, don't tell me you are scared of a little dark." I didn't like her tone, puffing out my chest and waling passed her. "There's the spirit!" She continued dragging me again, going opposite to where the gate of gods was so it relaxed me a bit she wouldn't be near the baby wyvern.

She pulled me to the right and off the road, walking up to a cliff extending far out over the ocean.

"I always like coming here to train be it my flames or with a sword, at least I can be sure none of my annoying admirers will find me here."

I looked around for something to write one before grabbing her hand and writing on her arm.

'Why bring me here? I could be one of the crazed people too.'

"No you aren't, I've seen how you are, almost one of the only people not running to win my praise, they are annoying."

'Still doesn't answer me.'

"Well I thought since the wyvern, you were a bit behind on training no? I saw you train in the night several times so lets make a deal, you tell me all you know about wyverns and I help you, deal?"

'Where's the catch?'

"My arm will be full of coal dust is you continue... And no catch, I know you have brains, I am sure you'll figure many things out.... And I want to know the weird thing you do with your sister."

I made a 'hello' with my silent language and she nodded.

"You don't seem like a hassle like the rest so it would be easier for me to learn a bit of finger voodoo then you having to write everything."

I shrugged with a nod, this seemed like a fair deal.

"Great so we'll meet here each second and fifth day of the week after sunrise to train."

I nodded again, a really good deal.