-14-

It was really tiring to walk with a leg in this state and carrying a wyvern head but I gotta make it home somehow.

I stumbled and fell over with a groan, not having seen the stone.

I hissed in pain.... Soren could live missing an eye and here I am thinking about somehow helping him fly in the future unable to walk without my two eyes.

I picked my head, hearing something not fitting in with forest sounds.

I heard something I am sure, don't be impatient Renva just listen.

I grabbed my branch and pushed myself up standing, carefully testing my leg, lucky me my leg bones didn't move away from each other.

I approached cautiously but the angry ramble turned into a dispute between two familiar voices.

I whistled as hard as I could, quite out of breath from simply walking like this so it was not a long whistle.

I leaned against a tree, waiting for them to find me.

"Renva!" I was surprised my sister came to look for me, she was the one mad at me, despising Soren...

"Hi." I got out before she hugged me tight, almost tackling me as she had sprinted over.

"I'm so sorry, I'm just worried about you and when you brought that wy--" I covered her mouth, she'd ramble if I let her.

"It's fine." I didn't care anymore about that fight, we are both hard headed and unwilling to listen to the other.

"I... Oh Renva." She looked me over. "How did that happen?" She asked for my leg while pointing at the wyvern head but I shook my head since it was not her fault.

"I felt badly."

"And--" She glanced behind her before whispering. "-- The baby?"

"You worry for Soren? Why?"

"You crazy enough to do this for him so he better be alright or you'd kill yourself to make him alright." Well she is not wrong.

"He okay."

"A neat catch half-eyes." Randi finally caught up, having walked and not ran like my sister.

I held up the skull by a horn on it.

"I guess you sister didn't lie about you chasing off a wyvern." She said and I nodded, feeling happy on the inside as Thora lied to the people about why I left, they'd all be out looking to kill the little wyvern if she hadn't.

"Told you I didn't murder my own sister and now lets get her home, she should rest that leg of hers." Thora said, snappy, I guess they had an argument about Thora murdering me for some reason.

Dad was a bit mad at me for disappearing but proud with the rest of the adults for the wyvern kill... If only they knew of the truth.

My leg was retied and checked over to be sure I hadn't done it badly.

I was 'sentenced' the 'imprisonment' in my room for at least three months which got me really worried about Soren's survival but I needed to trust in Black and the other wyverns' instincts to not let him starve.

I was drawing in my newer notebook, drawing the big Black and the small Soren, how similar and yet different they were, Black had a narrower and longer face with shorter head spikes, eyes sitting deeper with large pupils, his whole body more slender compared to other wyverns making him longer.

I hummed, rubbing my chin, he was not too bulky despite clearly being the chief of the wyverns of this island, body built for faster strikes and flight instead of it being bulked up for strength because too many muscles can lead to a slower wyvern even if they are stronger.... He is built for his role and his habitat, the cave nest, eyes getting more of the little light around.... I shouldn't fear for Soren's life with him around and watching over them.... My little man even learn how to be more of a wyvern.

I set down my charcoal piece with a small frown, should.... Should I not return to Soren? He'd learn how to be a true wyvern and not just a human's pet.

I laid on my back, looking at the two skulls I had, he learn how to survive without me, without flight and while missing one eyes.

I sighed, rubbing my face, I don't know what to do, I don't want to think about this, less frequent visits will be enough for that no need to abandon him like his mother did, I can't do that to him.

"Wow you seem in seriously deep thoughts," My head snapped over and I sat up, flipping my notebook closed. "Oh sorry, the door was already open."

I sighed and waved her in, surprised Randi would come see me now that I was back.

She closed the door behind her.

"I came to give this stuff back, I thought she killed and hid your body so I thought I should take it since it have important info in it to use on a hunt."

I smiled as I took the notebook she was holding out back but inside I was dying, everything I've written in it flashing through my mind and how deadly all that information could be in her hands.

"Thanks." I said slowly as she couldn't have mastered it in the time I was gone.

She took out her little cheat alphabet to decipher it.

"Oh it's fine half-eyes.... Can I sit?" I nodded as she pointed at my desk chair.

"So."

"We are back on the lessons so I thought of coming here, like this we can work on it and you can tell me about what you know, that notebook, just amazing."

"Alright."

I smiled, liking it here like this even tho the worrying fact she read through it lingered along with the prediction of that silver dragon I had met... But for now? I chose to forget.