-25-

The trek up to the plateaus was not easy, the forest seeming much more evil.

And when we got there, we saw no wyverns.

In worry we climbed up the small tunnel to the higher portion of it.

I poked my head out first, pulling the helmet off as I climbed out.

"Slowly." I told Thora who finally joined me as I stared into the mass of blazing maws aimed up at us.

"Oh my gods." Thora whispered as she saw.

I heard quite a loud finger snap of fingers making a few wyverns that knew what it meant close their maws and leave as the others followed soon, leaving only the three we were more familiar with.

"Randi Thora." Greeted Renva who looked just so tired, standing near Black as Soren and the blue Gamma were next to each other.

"Good to see you made it safely... We brought you a few things." I said, putting the helmet I had worn into her hand as her sister hands her the pouch.

"Thanks." She looked exhausted and I think we all are emotionally. "Red?"

"Like always, he is alive and back to being tied up, you must have noticed he didn't follow when you escaped with Soren and the other wyverns." I said making her sigh.

"Like I thought. Why you here, dangerous to be found with me."

"We came to warn you Renva." Thora said. "Randi was told on the night of the full moon they'd come to attack and kill."

"No, today."

"Why today? He wouldn't lie to me." I said.

"True, too important to him but he not stupid, he knows you know where I am and will follow even if you think you weren't followed."

"Did... Did we just doom you then?" Thora asked worried as I didn't voice mine, Renva nodding.

"Wyverns nervous, they smell enemies but I can't fly in the night, not training, must wait sun. Black doesn't seem to want to leave if I don't fly along."

"Then we will stay here until morning to help."

"Alright."

----------------------------------------------------------

I wanted what I 'said' to be false but I knew I was right with all the nervousness of wyverns.

I had brought up the idea of leaving before them but I knew that's also why they came, I could have escaped without their help as wyverns would have noticed danger earlier.

I sat with Soren rolled up around me, head on my lap, as I watched my sister struggle to tie the spare saddle on the blue Gamma, I was hearing her whisper curses aimed at a certain 'Blue Thunder' so I guessed she even named her.

Both are stubborn and can't see how truly they like each other.

I pat the metal helmet still on Soren, I didn't take it off Black nor him for now as it could be useful, the metal claws would offer stronger grip then the, still sharp but not as much, regular claws and the helmet was good, protecting his head.

I had earlier helped Randi with the length of rope she brought, Black not really happy but letting me tie him up so she had a place to grip as like Thora had said he'd be the only one willing to carry her.

I hushed Soren worried chirps, you are a big boy you should not be so worried. Then Black hissed loudly which changed my slight amusement to instant worry.

I did a long and loud whistle as I stood up, they are here much earlier.

"What is going on?!" Thora asked.

"As I said, you were followed and they are near." I pointed to the foliage before, being the light of a torch peek through at times. "We need to go now, sun is in not long."

I put on my skull helmet while I mounted Soren as Black roared, wyverns going to the edge and taking flight, from the smallest to Black himself.

I looked at him and Randi who had not got on as Soren turned towards where I was looking.

"Randi?"

"I'll stay to hold them off, not discussion about this."

I hopped Soren and walked to her.

"No way to change your mind?"

"None, get back on that wyvern and fly."

"I'll stay too." Thora added much less determined. "Someone needs to stay to keep Red safe."

I lifted my hand to sign again but Thora grabbed my fingers.

"I was too hasty wanting to leave here but if she stays I can't let her take the blame for it alone and she doesn't know enough wyvern to take care of him and you know it, we came here to go with you but in the end we independently chose to not leave."

I wanted to call bullshit but an arrow flew between up and stabbed into the ground further away.

"GO!" Randi barked, sending a fire blast down the tunnel and I heard rock groan and cave in. "This should give you enough time to get away from the arrows!" She said and my sister pushed me back to Soren's side.

"Go, we'll deal with things here."

Dammit.

My worry for Soren took over as I knew even if they would now be seen as traitors, the people wouldn't kill either of them like they would a wyvern.

I shoved my sister back to stop her from pushing me and hugged her tight.

"I will miss you Renva." she hugged back.

I nodded and walked back to Randi.

"What are--" I kissed her cheek.

"I like you, see you." If I was never gonna see her again at least I'll let her know this once what I feel, not bold enough to go in for the full kiss.

I backed away as she stared wide eyes before running to Soren and tying myself to the leather rope and snapped my finger to tell him her can go.

As he launched off the cliff I was slightly pulled up from the saddle and plopped back down as he climbed in the air.

I look back at the girls, the wyverns already flying away, just Black waiting for us.

I waved before flying to follow him.

----------------------------------------------------

"Don't you dare move, you are hereby accomplices with the traitor and by extension traitors too. I am really disappointed Randi." The leader said, having climbed up the steep side of the mountain to get up her without the use of the tunnel.

"You know nothing." She answered. "Stuck in archaic ways."

"Grab them!" He didn't listen.

"Hey! Careful!" I was grabbed, my arm pushed in my back, crying out a bit when it was pushed in the wrong direction.

"AAAAAHH!!" I felt the man being yanked away from me and saw him be flung far, something breaking in the process as a wyvern screeched.

I turned around, first looking up towards where Renva should be to see it was not her that had had Soren loop around to help me, from what I could still see from her face her mouth was agape in shock.

I looked around before looking even higher.

"WHAT?! NO!! Leave!! Fly away!!" I yelled at the stupid blue wyvern that is supposed to hate me. "Leave!!" I threw a rock towards her but she just hissed at me and landed behind us both, head pushed between us and hissing.

"Go you stupid animal! Save yourself not me!" I yelled, pushing back on her head.

"CAPTURE THEM ALL!!"