-33-

Where is Soren?

That one question was shattering my heart to pieces, where is he? Where's my little man?

I looked around in panic but I didn't see him around.

I whistled but he didn't come.

"Has anyone seen a green wyvern with a saddle?!" Randi yelled for me as she could talk.

Panic was gripping my heart as I whistled again, loudly, hurting my own throat.

I heard a whistle answer me as the crowd was talking all at the same time and I understood nothing.

My gaze lifted to the cliff near my village as another whistle came and saw Thora with her hands in her mouth the whistle, waving her arms to be notice.

I ran shoving my way through the crowd and through the pain, only Soren mattered.

I sprinted up the slope, already out of breath.

"Renva!" Thora hugged me when I neared and I hugged back.

"Soren?" I asked and my throat closed up as the pain in her eyes and how she looked away shamefully.

"I... Am so sorry...." 

I shook my head and shoved her aside, running towards the green scales before I froze.

He was laying there, still breathing but for how long? The huge, gruesome, bite mark leaving puncture holes the size of my fist in him with blood pooling around him.

As I approached I heard the gurgling breaths meaning he is bleeding into his lungs or airways.

Blue Thunder was near, small weak cooes as she nudged his head and he let out a weak rumble.

"I am sorry Renva, I thought as much as I could but.... We don't know enough about wyverns to be able to heal this wound." My sister's voice sounded so far away.

I dropped to my knees by his head, cooing softly through the tears that came to my eyes.

He opened his eyes to look at me and tried to get up, lifting his head but dropped again.

I grabbed his head and putting it on my lap, patting it down, hushing him softly, tears falling from my eyes.

You will be alright... You must be... I can't.... I...

He forcefully lifted his head and let his forked tongue out of his mouth to licked my face, brushing the tears away before it dropped again and I grabbed it, setting it back on my lap again.

I heard stepped approaching and I looked up through my tears to see everyone had followed me up here and the leader had stepped forwards again.

He wordlessly walked over and kneeled near but not in the blood like me.

He held out his hand and put it on Soren's head.

"Thank you.... For saving us." I squeaked out a sob, trying to hold myself together, no he will be alright, he is fine, he is just tired.

Soren let out a weak purr, almost as if he understood the words, closing his eyes, his blinks getting slower.

There was a thud and Black landed near, the rest of the wyverns not already on the ground staying in the air, he nudged Soren and let out a rumbling noise to which Soren chirped back.

I hissed angrily when another person came closer only to look at my father.

He stood right next to me, putting his hand on my shoulder.