2 | stand

As much as Jordyn loved most of the Cullen's there was no way she was going to let any of them ruin her happiness

As much as Jordyn loved most of the Cullen's there was no way she was going to let any of them ruin her happiness. She had found her mate, the person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with and nothing was going to take him away from her, at least not without a fight and fight for him she always would. When she had left the lunch hall to get to her afternoon classes, she was fuming and Charlie had picked up on it when he walked into Art class to find they were seat partners.

"You don't look very happy." Charlie spoke softly as he took in her demeanour and frowned when he noticed her shoulders become tense and a scowl came across her face.

"I don't want to talk about it." The last thing she wanted was to worry her mate about something that she knew she'd solve nor would she let him worry about people that had no say in their relationship.

Charlie placed his hand on hers and he felt the tension leave her body completely causing him to smile, "No matter what happens I want you to know that I'm here for you."

Jordyn couldn't help the smile that came across her face, "Thank you, you have no idea how much that means to me." It had only been a few hours but she already felt at ease around him and he made it very easy for her to open up to him.

"Anytime, I mean it." Charlie smiled.

The rest of the class went by as they made small talk and lots of giggles while the rest of the class looked on in envy. Charlie Swan never got close to any girl but the moment he laid eyes on Jordyn, they knew he was off the market. Hell, all the guys knew not to try anything with Jordyn once they noticed how close she was getting to Charlie. Everyone could see that they were made for each other.

"Can I walk you to your car?"

Jordyn smiled, "I'd like that." Charlie smiled as he followed her to her locker where she placed her books. They continued to get to know each other before they walked into the parking lot.

Charlie sighed as he noticed the glare of some of the Cullen's, "I should get going. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"That you will." Jordyn conformed before she pressed a kiss to his cheek and made her way over to the family.

"You have no idea what you're doing."

"Well it's a good thing I don't care about your opinion."

Jordyn just watched as the Cullen's argued over Charlie being her mate and her getting involved with him and the dangers it could bring to the family if the Volturi found out

"Why don't we let her decide what she wants?" Rosalie yelled. She might not have agreed with having a human in their lives but she knew that Jordyn of all people deserved to be happy.

Edward scoffed, "No. He's human and he shouldn't know about us."

"Who said anything about you?" Jordyn questioned. She genuinely wanted to know where he was coming from but more than anything she wanted to know where he got the courage from to question her relationship with her mate.

Alice sighed, "If you get involved with him, he will find out about us."

"But did you see that happening?" Alice shook her head in reply.

Carlisle looked at the young girl, "We just don't want you to get hurt or start something that can raise too much attention. We promised your brothers we would look after you, we just don't want you to get hurt."

"All we want is for you to be safe." Esme spoke.

Jordyn looked at Jasper and Emmett, "Is that how you both feel too?"

"No. You know I care about you and all I want is for you to be happy." Emmett replied with a smile. In the short time he had known Jordyn, she had become like a little sister to him and all he wanted was for her to be happy.

Jasper looked at her with a small smile, "I am worried , yes because I don't want our secret to get out but I trust you and you deserve to be happy. I would never stand in the way of you finding happiness with your mate. I also trust you to do the right thing but more importantly, I want you to feel love because I know how much loved saved me."

"Oh please, enough with that. He's human and he doesn't belong in our world." Edward growled.

Jordyn glared at him, "He is my mate. Nothing you say is going to change that or take him away from me. He is everything to me and I'll be damned if you lay a hand on him. Mark my words Edward, anything happens to him, I kill you."

"You wouldn't."

"Try me."