6 | dad

The next couple of weeks passed quickly and before she knew it, it was Christmas

The next couple of weeks passed quickly and before she knew it, it was Christmas. Her favourite time of the year. The snow had stuck to the ground, lights adorning the halls and Christmas music playing everywhere. Jordyn was more than excited to be spending Christmas with her brothers, both her brothers, that were visiting and putting a pin on the search for whomever was after her. 

"Someone seems happy today." Charlie grinned as he pressed a kiss to his girlfriends head before taking her hand and continuing to wall the halls to their next class. He wasn't one for public affection but he just couldn't keep his hands off of her.

Jordyn beamed, "Of course I am, it's the last day before winter break and then it's Christmas and New Year." She was excited to spend time with the people she loved and getting lost in the Christmas cheer.

"Do you have any plans over the break other than spend time with your brothers?" Charlie asked. Jordyn could tell that he was nervous so she squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"Not really." She replied.

Charlie exhaled, "I was wondering if you would like to come over and have dinner with me and my dad? I would really like to introduce you to him." Charlie had always been close to his father, it had been the two of them for so long so he was important to him but Jordyn was important to him too and he wanted them meet.

"Really?" Jordyn asked in surprise. She knew how close the father and son were and as much as she wanted to meet Charlie Sir, she didn't want to push Charlie to introduce the two. Charlie had briefly talked about his mother and sister but he wasn't really close with the two and it was easy to see how sad it made him to talk about them.

Charlie nodded, "Really. You're important to me and I want you guys to meet."

"I would love nothing more than to meet your dad." Jordyn beamed. She could feel the nervousness leaving his body and was happy that they were taking such a huge step in their relationship. Hell, she had already asked him to meet her brothers and he had happily agreed. 

"Thank you, you have no idea how much it means to me."

"You know I would do anything for you."

A couple of days later, Jordyn knocked on the door of the Swan house

A couple of days later, Jordyn knocked on the door of the Swan house. She had been nervous about being Charlie's dad but she knew how important it was to him so she would suck it up and get it over with, besides he had to meet her family soon too.

"You made it." Charlie smiled as he gave her a peck on the lips before letting her into the house. He had spent the day cleaning the house, cooking and making sure his was ready for the evening. He wanted everything to be perfect for when the two most important people in his life finally met.

Jordyn couldn't help the smile on her face when she saw his, "Of course. You and I both know I have trouble saying no to you." Charlie took her jacket and hung it up before showing her the kitchen where his dad was sat.

"Jordyn, I want you to meet my dad, Chief Charlie. Dad, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Jordyn." Charlie introduced the two with a grin on his face.

Charlie Sir stood up and held his hand out for Jordyn, "It is nice to finally meet the girl that has made my son so happy. Welcome to the family, hun." Nothing made Charlie Sir more proud than knowing his son was happy and loved.

Jordyn shook his hand, "It is nice to finally meet you too, Sir. Your son means a lot to me and I'm happy to finally meet the man that raised him." 

Charlie smiled as he watched the two make conversation before ushering them to sit down and puts dinner on the table for all of them. They all made small talk through out the dinner before Charlie Sir asked.

"So who asked who out?"

Jordyn smirked, "I asked him out." Charlie sat next to her blushing as his father looked at him in disbelief. Charlie Sir knew his son's girlfriend was strong and stubborn from what he had been told but he definitely taken aback by her bravery.

Charlie Sir laughed, "Well, you sure know how to surprise an old man."

"What can I say? He's sweet, smart and caring, everything a girl could hope for. I was not about to let him slip out of my hands. He means a lot to me." Jordyn blushed as Charlie held her hand under the table.

"I am glad he found you." Charlie Sir smiled as he saw the look on his son's face while he gazed at his girlfriend. All he wanted was for someone to love his son and be there for him in every way.

"Me too, Sir, me too." The rest of the evening went by without a hitch. The father and girlfriend joked around like old friends and much to the dismay of Charlie, made fun of him while all he could do was blush. After dinner, he had finally showed her around the house before they ended up in his bedroom, cuddling on his bed.

"I'm glad you agreed to met him. Even though it hasn't been fun watching the two of you poke fun at me, I'm happy you came." Charlie sighed as he pressed a kiss to her head.

Jordyn leaned up to press a kiss to his jaw, "Me too. It's been fun. Besides, you know I'd do anything for you."

"I'm so glad you came into my life."

"I know exactly how you feel, you mean so much to me."