4 | crush

"What do I do?"

"What do I do?"

No one had really expected to see such a change in Bella. She was talking to her friends, spending time with Charlie Sr and even helping Charlie with whatever he needed. Jordyn had made it very clear to her that she was not forgiving her anytime soon but she was glad the Swan family were finally reconnecting and Bella was being the daughter and sister they deserved. Charlie had obviously been apprehensive about letting Bella be in his life but she was definitely making an effort and trying to be the sister he had always hoped for.

Jordyn shrugged, "That's up to you. Obviously she's trying and you seem happy but if you're not ready, that's okay. You have every right to still be upset and hurt. If you want a relationship with her, that's fine. If you don't, that's fine too. You only have to do what you're comfortable with." The last thing she wanted was for Charlie to feel compelled into having a relationship with Bella, especially after everything she had put him through.

Charlie sighed as he rested his head on her lap, "I want to, but I'm scared she's not sincere. She put me and dad through hell, what's to say she won't do it again? Has she really changed or is it just a front? Honestly, I just don't know what to do." It had taken a long time for him to come to terms with the fact he and Bella were never going to have a relationship but he had not expected Bella to come to him and ask to have a relationship.

"I know but whatever you decide, I'm here for you." Jordyn promised.

"I want to try. Is that stupid of me?" Charlie asked nervously.

Jordyn shook her head, "No. You have every right to chose who you want in your life, no matter what others think. I know you're worried but if you want to do this, then you should do it." It was his decision to make, no one else should have a say.

"I do. I'm going to try, you with me?"

"You know I'd never let you face it alone."

"Dinner ready?"

"Dinner ready?"

"Almost." Jordyn growled.

The time with the Swan family had been great until Billy and his Jacob had joined them. Billy had made his distaste of the young witch known, despite the close relationship she had with the rest of the Pack. He had spent the whole game glaring at her and making snide comments when Charlie wasn't in the room. Jacob, however, gave her the creeps.

Guy clearly couldn't take no for an answer.

Bella had made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with him but he clearly couldn't get the hint. Bella had stayed close to Jordyn the whole evening, Jacob being intimidated by the young witch but tried to corner her whenever he had the chance. Despite making it clear that she only wanted friendship, he refused to stand now just because she didn't have a boyfriend anymore.

"You okay?" Charlie asked softly. He hated seeing her get so worked up over something that shouldn't be happening. It was his fathers house, Billy and Jacob should show some respect. He also didn't like how uncomfortable Bella was, why couldn't Jacob take no for an answer?

Jordyn sighed, "Not really. I mean, I know I said i would be on my best behaviour but they are both getting on my nerves. Billy has no right to get his panties in a twist over something I couldn't control, I didn't ask for these powers. He can't get upset over my relationship with Rose, Em and Jaz, they are good people and have abided by the treaty. And Jacob? I'm going to throw him off a cliff if he asks Bella out again. She has made it very clear that she wanted nothing to do with him and he clearly can't take no for an answer. Honestly, what kind of father watches his son harass a girl?" At this rate, she was going to kill the father-son duo.

Charlie chuckled softly as he wrapped his arms around her, "I know your annoyed but you can't kill them, no matter how much you want to. Billy is dads best friend so lets be nice, even if it makes you question your sanity." The last thing he wanted was for a fight to break out in the house and for Jordyn to get hurt.

She glared at him before shouting, "Dinner is ready." Everyone gathered around the table, digging into dinner quickly but threw praise at Jordyn before they did. Everyone made small talk as their ate their dinner but Jordyn could hear the snide comments that Jacob was making, Billy obviously not stopping him. She tried to keep her cool but he was clearly testing her patience.

"Don't do it." Charlie softly spoke as he gripped her thigh. She calmed her breathing as Charlie rubbed his thumb along her thigh but that was until Jacob made a comment about her dead parents.

"Excuse me?" She growled.

Jacob rolled her eyes, "I said, maybe if your parents were still alive you wouldn't be such a bitch."

"How dare you?! I have been patient all evening because Billy happens to be Charlie's best friend and he considers you both family but I will not sit here and let you disrespect me. You don't know me so don't act like it. You have no right to mention my parents when your own mother died. How would she feel knowing her son turned out to be a pervert that couldn't take no for answer? How would she feel knowing her husband is bullying a girl just because he disagrees with her choices? Neither of you know me so don't act like it." Jordyn yelled as she shot up from her chair.

Everyone looked at the young witch in shook.

"Get out." Charlie Sr spoke after a moment of silence.

"What? Why?"

"You do not disrespect my daughter in my house."