Chapter 6

Amberpaw was trapped by Reedstar as Stonetail pinned her brother Seedpaw down. She was absolutely helpless and no way to save him. 

"You've made the right decision. Kill him." He flicked his tail at Stonetail. 

"No!" Hawkstar ran out of his den, recovered from losing a life. He bowled Stonetail over, claws unsheathed. "Run Seedpaw!" He hissed. Seedpaw fled out of camp, only to be caught be the Riverclan warriors lying in wait. Amberpaw lunged at Reedstar and pinned him on his back. He clawed at her side, and she winced but clawed him back. Waspfire came to Seedpaw's rescue, and half the apprentices came to help Amberpaw with Reedstar (Leafpaw, Rosepaw, Tigerpaw, Lappaw, Mousepaw) and the other half helped Seedpaw (Sappaw, Blazepaw, Earpaw, Whiskerpaw and Snowpaw). Deertail was fighting Scarpaw, and Scarpaw sliced his shoulder. It was a all out battle. Dappledstream came into the camp with Windclan warriors on her heels, Amberpaw looked around and saw that they were outnumbered  three to one. She had to get help! She ran out of camp and towards Shadowclan territory, crossing the border with no hesitation. She ran past a patrol and shot into their camp, breathing heavily. 

"Sapstar! I'm sorry for coming in here without invitation, but my clanmates are dying as I speak! Please help us! Windclan joined battle with Riverclan against us!" Amberpaw panted. 

"What do you think Wolfclaw?" Sapstar asked a brown tabby. 

"I don't think that Thunderclan wants to turn us against them, especially with that trouble with Riverclan. I believe her." 

"Very well. Take a patrol, or actually two, you and Pineslash lead them." Amberpaw paced up and down as she waited for them to return. 

"Come on!" Wolfclaw beckoned. "Keep up." They ran through the forest, Amberpaw aware that the battle could be over and Thunderclan driven out, and she ran still faster. They heard screeches and burst into camp. 

"What do you want us to do?" 

"Fight!" Amberpaw glanced at them, then hurled herself into battle. Slashing and ducking, she saw Seedpaw, lying motionless on the ground. 

"Seedpaw! Seedpaw!" He groaned and sat up. 

"I think I hit my head." 

"Go into the medicine cat den." Amberpaw advised. Then she attacked Heatherclaw, Windclan deputy. She pounced on her back and raked her hind paws mercilessly until Heatherclaw begged her to stop. 

"Then call a retreat for Windclan." Heatherclaw gulped and nodded. Amberpaw got off of her. 

"Windclan retreat!" She called. Windclan left, leaving only Riverclan fighting, and there was not a lot of Riverclan warriors left standing. 

"Thunderclan, stop." Hawkstar ordered. The battle stopped as Riverclan realized that Reedstar, was dead. 

"Riverclan leave. We never should have been here." Troutnose ordered. "Amberpaw, you're free to come home, or stay here. Choose wisely and give me your answer next gathering." Troutnose flicked his tail and the Riverclan warriors left Thunderclan camp. 

"Waspfire! Waspfire! No!" Seedpaw choked out. Waspfire was lying on the ground, dead. 

"Crowtail and Mellowfoot are dead too." Silentswift ran to her mates body. 

"Amberpaw, you aren't thinking of going to Riverclan, are you?" Asked Rosepaw uncertainly. 

"I don't know Rosepaw, I don't know." Amberpaw said. 

"You can't leave! We're your family!"

Now who is your favorite character?